WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR HEALTH CARE COORDINATORS!
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Healthcare Coordinator organizes patient care activities between two or more providers to facilitate the appropriate delivery of health care services and minimize the dangers of fragmentation, focusing on patients who need services from specialty providers and special populations who need surveillance monitoring and timely reminders for disease prevention services.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Navigate patient to specialty and other care as assigned, ensuring that barriers to care (such as language, transportation and financial) are addressed and ensuring that referrals and procedures are timely, safe, effective, patient-centered, efficient and equitable
- Assess patient and family preferences for method of receiving information
- Communicate information, including but not limited to appointment details and health reminders, to patients via telephone, mail, or other available communication tools
- Follow organizational guidelines regarding the use of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in compliance with HIPAA and patient confidentiality standards
- Provide clear, thorough and accurate documentation of all interactions with patients, and other individuals on behalf of patients, in the patient’s electronic health record
- Maintain access to the Delaware Health Information Exchange (DHIN) and other related systems
- Use DHIN and other related systems to gather information needed to coordinate care and keep patients’ electronic health records up to date with the status of care that is being coordinated
- Collaborate with available community programs or internal departments to provide assistance to patients
- Process necessary prior authorizations and insurance referrals as assigned
- Maintain surveillance ticklers and/or work with Health Information Technology to proactively identify the need for patient care, as assigned
- Collect data related to healthcare coordination
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of work experience in the medical or health insurance field
- Six months of experience using Microsoft Office software
- Six months of experience using electronic medical record software