The Fiscal Manger reports to the CFO and performs accounting duties of moderate difficult complexity, coordinates all fiscal activities to ensure projects are completed timely and accurately, ensure accuracy of fiscal reports, supervises the billing personnel, prepares agency financial reports and budgets, assists the CFO as requested, and performs related work as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises, trains and evaluates billing staff, and assists staff with difficult problems.
2. Prepares journal entries, reviews input for accuracy.
3. Generates reports for CFO, including monthly, quarterly and annual reports and the financial statements.
4. Reviews and approves monthly foster parent stipends and DHS invoices.
5. Keep staff updated on city and state compliance for foster parent stipends.
6. Oversees the implementation of automated financial systems, including coordinating and helping with maintenance of accounting software, resolves all questions/problems concerning accounting software.
7. Prepares budgets, forecasts and cost allocation plans and prepares budget revisions as required.
8. Monitors budget versus actual expenditures.
9. Tracks contract cost limitations and notify VP of problems
10. Works with and assists state and city monitors and auditors for inside and outside audits and monitoring and assists with resolution on findings.
11. Coordinates annual days of care DHS report and reconciliation to accounting system.
12. Prepares general ledger, analyses schedules, documents, footnotes and consolidation for A-133 annual audit.
13. Reconciles balance sheet accounts and balances cash sheet accounts.
14. Complete bank reconciliations.
15. Prepares state required Title IV-E schedules, along with any other state and city required reporting.
16. Other duties as assigned
· Four-year Accounting Degree and four years of accounting experience with increased responsibility during the term of employment.
· Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
· Basic governmental accounting procedures and practices knowledge’s
· Computer knowledge
· Knowledge of automated financial system.
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan: 4% APM contribution PLUS 3% APM matching contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability
APM is an equal opportunity employer.