***Part-Time or Full-Time***
The Patient Service Representative is the friendly and helpful face of TOA – generally, the first person who interacts with our patients and their families. The Patient Service Representative sets the tone for a great patient visit by professionally and compassionately attending to the patients as they arrive for their appointment at TOA
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and patient focus to make each encounter as positive as possible
- Work closely with clinical colleagues and administrative teammates to develop a cohesive, high performing team
- Verify patient demographic information upon arrival
- Update and change insurance information as appropriate
- Scan insurance cards and drivers licenses
- Enter referrals into the computer and link it to the appropriate case
- Collect copayments, coinsurances, deductibles, and balances
- Prep daily clinics for upcoming appointments and print related documents
- Create a record of the appointment, or an encounter and print
- Ensure that all documentation is entered accurately and swiftly
- Schedule follow-up appointments as necessary
Here are some of the qualifications our successful candidates possess
- Focused on Patient Satisfaction: Responds in a prompt and empathetic manner to meet patient needs; Seeks opportunity to exceed patient needs and expectations; Meets commitments; Provides positive memorable patient experiences; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations with poise and professionalism.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit, putting the success of team above own interests; Builds morale and supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Regularly assists others; Asks for help when needed. Written Communication: Adept in reading and interpreting written information; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet audience needs.
- Exceptional Communication: Speaks clearly and professionally in all situations; Actively listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds appropriately to questions. Adept in reading and interpreting written information; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet audience needs.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Skillfully gathers and analyzes information; Develops alternative solutions when appropriate; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional situations.
- Productivity: Meets or exceeds organizational productivity standards either qualitative or quantitative; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly and precisely; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Technology: Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook. Demonstrated proficiency with EHR is helpful, and NextGen preferred.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Consistently arrives to work, meetings and appointments ready and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Experience: Previous successful experience in a healthcare clinic/office environment or customer service role preferred, but not required
- Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement. Patient Service Representatives may be assigned to work in one of TOA’s clinics at the front desk and may be required to participate as a “Greeter” sitting or standing at the front of the clinic to direct patients to their destination. The clinic experiences high patient volume and as a result has associated stressors that come along with a fast-paced environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud with other staff members checking in patients and answering questions in close proximity to each other.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers