Summary: The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Manager is responsible for understanding business and strategic priorities, collaborating with relevant stakeholders, and coordinating initiatives to meet organizational DE&I goals. The DE&I Manager will work as a key member of the HR team, reporting to and in close collaboration with the VP of HR, to consult with internal business groups on aligning business activities and DE&I initiatives.
Expected Outcomes: Successful execution of the role will result in advancement of organizational DE&I initiatives and measurable accomplishment of identified DE&I goals. A top-producing DE&I Manager will play an integral role in identifying needs and developing solutions to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and executes activities for DE&I initiatives, including project support, cross-team communication, and progress tracking.
- Organizes applicable data collection and tracking and facilitates effective reporting.
- Manages DE&I planning within the DE&I committee.
- Consults with internal business groups and advises on DE&I-related action plans.
- Acts as a liaison to and develops strong relationships with external DE&I-related groups.
- Serves as DE&I employee resource; and advocates based on input and feedback.
- Actively views organizational processes and activities through a DE&I lens and advises on relevant best practices.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all applicable state and federal laws; recommends and implements policies and processes accordingly.
- Acts as an equal member of the HR team by participating in cross-functional planning and actively advocating for all HR disciplines.
- Requires at least three years of progressive experience successfully coordinating project-based activities with diverse groups in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience related to sourcing and selecting external partners to support DE&I initiatives.
- Must demonstrate cultural competency across multiple cultures. Direct experience advocating for underrepresented/marginalized groups is heavily preferred.
- Strong preference given to project management experience with complex matters and diverse stakeholders.
- Absolutely must exhibit outstanding skills in communication, organization, follow-up, and follow-through with a strong propensity toward action, customer service, and teamwork.
- Requires working knowledge of applicable employment laws with a demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to real-world circumstances.
- Must exhibit strong professionalism, ethics, confidentiality, and a high moral standard.
- Must display the ability, through experience, to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Must possess a strong comfort level working with HR-related technology and systems.
- Requires the ability to think broadly, establish credibility, and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Requires learning agility, discipline, flexibility, self-start, self-direction, forward-thinking, problem-solving, and the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.
DEI, DE&I, D&I, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Diversity and Inclusion