Test Technician KEB has an exciting opportunity to learn and grow in our Engineering Department. As a Test Technician you will use your knowledge and skills to help accomplish tasks and projects with the Lab Coordinator and Engineering team. This position will assist with the setup, running, and tear down of electromechanical tests in the Engineering Lab. This position will also assist in the installation and maintenance of equipment in the Engineering Lab.
Why KEB America? KEB America is a leading manufacturer of industrial automation solutions. Product examples include electromechanical clutches and brakes, electric motors, VFDs, PLCs, and Motion Controllers. KEB works very closely with our customers to design and program highly engineered products and systems. If you see yourself working with quality engineered products and like challenges, then KEB would be a great fit for you!
For more information on who we are and what we do please visit our website: https://www.kebamerica.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Setup of tests including wiring and electromechanical assembly
• Taking various lab measurements such as voltage, current, and temperature
• Data collection and organized representation of tests
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and schematics
• Troubleshooting of devices and tests
Education / Experience
• Enrolled in a technical degree in the field of Industrial, Automation, Controls, Electrical or related field with a GPA >= 3.0
• Experience with hand tools
• Experience with electrical wiring
• Reading of schematics and knowledge of basic components.
• Experience programming
Specific Technical Skills (May be learned on the job)
• Test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters
• Panel wiring following a schematic
• Working with high voltage and current systems
• Programming of PLCs
• Basic understanding of variable speed drives and control systems