About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 180 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Project Architect will work with the Design Team in the development of architectural projects from concepts to construction documents, with emphasis on the detailing and documentation of materials, technology, and systems. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong technical skills as well as an ability to contribute to an energetic process.
This position can be based out of either our Baltimore, Maryland, or Washington, DC office location for local candidates. The position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with the expectation that approximately 50% of the time will be spent working in an Ayers Saint Gross office, at a client site, or at off-site locations for company sponsored events as needed.
- Work closely with the project principal, project designer, and project manager in each phase of the project delivery process.
- Responsible for leading a project team through the coordination and delivery of project detailing and documentation.
- Oversee work of junior and intern architects.
- Responsible for coordination of engineering and other consultants.
- Contribute to all aspects and phases of the architectural design process.
- Assist in creating project schedules and budgets.
- Attend project meetings.
- Maintain and organize project files.
- Travel to and from project and client meetings as required.
- 3-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture (accredited degree program required).
- Architectural license required. LEED accreditation is required within 12 months.
- Minimum of five years of experience. The ideal candidate will have relevant built work experience. Experience with higher education projects will be considered a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor others.
- Strong technical project detailing and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in documenting all phases of the design process.
- Construction management experience is a must.
- Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional client service orientation and relationship-building skills.
- Strong proficiency in Revit, Rhino, Adobe suite, and Sketch-up.
- Solid MS office and Deltek abilities.
- Mid-Atlantic residency preferred but not required.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.