JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
The AutoCad/Revit Drafter reports to the Director of Architecture. This position works closely with La Macchia’s architects and designers - providing support, coordination and interpretation of projects. This position will assist the Director of Architecture in establishing standards and project specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with structural, MEP engineers and outside consultants.
- Performs building code research and ensures buildings are code compliant.
- Works with Project team to ensure that buildings are cost effective.
- Ensures building design is built according to La Macchia quality standards.
- In collaboration with the building designers and interior designers, interprets concepts and drawings.
- Coordinates concepts and drawings with Project Designers to produce construction documents that reflects and maintains the intent of the design concept.
- Designs and produces details and coordinates all construction document implementing design intent into a buildable project by using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Revit.
- Coordinates most aspects of the project team including, architectural design, interior design, civil engineering, structural engineering mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and plumbing engineering.
- Plans and manages all technical and administrative tasks during the construction document phase of the project.
- Performs construction project administration - including change orders, shop drawing review, contractor questions, site observation.
- Attends weekly project meetings during design and construction.
- Directs associate architectural project managers on projects.
Education Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) or Associate’s degree (A.A. / A.S.) in Architecture or Architectural Technology
Experience and/or Training Minimum five to ten years’ related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technology/Equipment: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit.
Travel Limited overnight travel to client locations for information gathering and field measurement work averages 1-2 times per month.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to read and comprehend documents such as building codes, zoning codes and city ordinances related to the project. Ability to create simple instructions and short correspondence such as emails. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization – specifically architects, designers and engineers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and solutions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment. Required to work effectively with a wide variety of Creative and Construction professionals. Must be self-sufficient and flexible. A complete portfolio is required for the interview process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.