Interplan is a commercial architectural and engineering firm located in Orlando, FL, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over forty-nine years ago and has offices in Orlando, Oakbrook Terrace, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking to grow our full-time staff in our Orlando/ Altamonte Springs office and we are seeking a full-time Civil Project Engineer with experience in a commercial site development office. This candidate has four to seven (4-7) years of prior engineering design experience and possesses an acceptable level of design knowledge with little direction from an upper level Project Manager.
**B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering is required.**
• Will have four to seven (4-7) years of design experience.
• Demonstrates ability to design all above and underground utility systems including: water, sanitary sewer gravity systems, storm water collection systems, gas, electric and telephone.
• Perform grading design for projects with input from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s).
• Provides coordination with Permitting Department staff in responding to agency comments and resubmittals to those agencies. Final input still required from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s).
• Coordinates with other company departments to incorporate necessary information into project documents.
• Receives project information from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) or client for use in project drawings.
• Assists in construction administration including shop drawing review and response to requests for information.
• Works with upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) to provide appropriate level of customer service based on client needs.
• Demonstrates ability to work on several projects at a time while maintaining project schedule.
• This position requires a demonstrated ability in design of all underground utility systems and advanced grading design. Will be expected to be held increasingly responsible for the quality of the drawings being produced.
• Ability to move out of an AutoCAD role and into a pure production and design role.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
• Confident presentation skills for public hearings as required.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.