Interplan is a commercial architectural and engineering firm located in Orlando, FL, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over forty-nine years ago and has offices in Orlando, Oakbrook Terrace, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking to grow our full-time staff in our Orlando/Altamonte Springs office and we are seeking a full-time Drainage Engineer. This candidate has five plus (5+) years of prior drainage design experience. Possess a basic level of understanding of the Florida Water Management District Rules and the FDOT Drainage Manual. Is familiar with industry standard stormwater software programs and AutoCAD.
• Design Drainage Solutions for Commercial Site Developments
• Provide Stormwater Analysis for industry standard BMP’s including Retention Ponds and Underground Stormwater Chambers
• Prepare Stormwater Reports including design narrative, applicable calculations, exhibits and design summary tables.
• Effectively setup, input data and run stormwater models using industry standard software programs (ICPR & Ponds)
• Effectively setup, input data and run secondary analysis pipe flow calculations
• Collaborate with a Design Team to prepare construction plans with a level of detail as needed to permit and construct a stormwater management system
• Assist in the preparation of Grading & Drainage Construction Plans
• Assist in the preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
• Provide coordination with Project Managers and Permitting Department staff in responding to agency comments and resubmittals to those agencies.
• Receives project information from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) or client for use in project drawings.
• Assists in construction administration including shop drawing review and response to requests for information.
• Works with upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) to provide appropriate level of customer service based on client needs.
• Demonstrates ability to work on several projects at a time while maintaining project schedule.
• Willing to research & learn stormwater design requirements outside the state of Florida
• Other duties as assigned.
**BS in Civil Engineering is required**
• PE License preferred but not required with the appropriate level of experience
• Working Knowledge of Florida Stormwater Permitting & Design Requirements
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required.