This position is for an ML Engineer that will develop cutting-edge AI/ML algorithms with a focus on reinforcement learning (RL). You'll have the opportunity to grow and hone your skills with other talented members at Stratagem.
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
The annual base salary range for this position is $115K - $200K. Please note that the salary range is a general guideline only. The many factors that are included for consideration include, but are not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education, training, certifications, key skills, and mission/customer intimacy. These factors are combined with market and business considerations to extend a job offer.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
**You much be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance**
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional who has developed reinforcement learning algorithms. This candidate will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in AI/ML to solve a broad set of problems across multiple domains. This candidate will be joining a team of talented researchers and software developers and will work with the leadership team, including our Lead AI/ML Research Scientist, to help shape our growing AI/ML portfolio.
Your responsibilities include:
- Implementing reinforcement learning based AI/ML algorithms to solve a broad set of challenges for our various customers
- Integrating RL algorithms with simulation environments (AirSim, AFSIM, etc.) to allow RL Agents to learn in an efficient manner
- Analyzing large multi-domain datasets such as images, text, and/or graph data to identify statistically relevant features to build models
- Using cloud services to train and deploy ML models
- Reviewing relevant publications to understand cutting edge concepts, break down key ideas to government customers, and apply to defense and commercial applications
- Writing technical documentation supporting code, program capabilities and user-guides
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields; or equivalent technical proficiency
- Experience developing reinforcement learning solutions, and familiarity with RL libraries (for example, this may include: RLlib, Stable Baselines, Keras-rl, TF-agents, garage, Pyqlearning, ChainerRL)
- Solid coding skills in at least one of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Go, Java, Scala, C/C++
Desired Skills (bonus points):
- MSc/MEng or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields; or equivalent research experience
- Experience using a variety of RL algorithms: actor-critic, policy gradient, DQN, VFA, SARSA, Q-learning, model-based and model-free Monte Carlo, etc.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, Theano...)
- Experience with remote sensing, sensor management, or mission management for the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community
- An active TS/SCI or Secret Clearance with SSBI
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.