U.S. CAD, a leading provider of software and services that support the AEC&O (Architect, Engineering, Construction, Owner) community, is seeking an experienced AutoCAD drafter to join our dynamic and growing sales organization. This position will be based in on-site at our client’s location in Pasadena, CA.
U.S. CAD is looking for an experienced AutoCAD drafter that can gather various notes and turn that information into an amazing creation. If you are great with technology and have an inventive mindset, you would make an ideal candidate for our AutoCAD drafter position at our company. This role is a Full-Time Temporary position, on-site at our client’s location in Pasadena, CA.
The AutoCAD Drafter has a primary focus on updating existing CAD files with architectural updates from red-lines and newer CAD files, with the need to verify updates in the field. The AutoCAD Drafter is responsible for generating solid and surface CAD models for our customer using AutoCAD software and responsible for storing and filing all designs in the client’s database.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or architectural studies.
· Previous work experience as an AutoCAD drafter.
· Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
· Advanced knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and architecture.
· Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations.
· Excellent technical design skills.
· Good communication skills.
· A keen eye for aesthetics and detail.
· Ability to project manage.
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and multitasking
· Using redlined drawings and site walks to determine the proper drawing modifications
· Performing calculations on the estimated dimensions of the structure.
· Reviewing the sketches and blueprints during the meetings.
· Creating a design using appropriate AutoCAD software.
· Presenting the design to the team members and taking feedback from them.
· Finalizing the final AutoCAD model to be used for the production.
· Adhering to the environment and safety protocols.
· Storing and filing the projects for future references.
· All other duties as assigned
· Duties and assignments are subject to change
Company Culture & Core Values
U.S. CAD’s staff are committed to living out the Company Culture and Core Values daily with an emphasis on teamwork, a positive attitude, and a desire to learn.
· Open and consistent communication at all levels
· Fun atmosphere: Happy employees are productive employees
· Lead by example
· Respect for people and process
· One team: Whether we succeed, or we fail, we do so together
· Creativity and “outside the box” thinking is highly encouraged
· Honesty & Integrity: Words and actions in complete alignment
· Commitment to Excellent Service: Providing quality work and follow-through
· Accountability: Responsible to our coworkers, our customers and ourselves
· Trust and Mutual Respect: The foundation for win-win relationships
About U.S. CAD
U.S. CAD is a full-service technology consulting firm for the AEC&O industry. We are a leading Autodesk value added reseller and the world’s largest Bluebeam value added reseller. We equip our clients with the software, hardware, training, BIM production, and consulting that they need to win more, produce more, and achieve more. From BIM software to 3D laser scanning, customers are able to address their specific needs with the guidance and expertise of the U.S. CAD team. For more information, visit http://www.uscad.com or call (877) 648-7223.