Pay Range: $15.00-$16.50/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Arapahoe Basin Base Area Operations has a lot of independence. We cover a lot of ground and are fortunate to interact with every department in the ski area. Moreover, we get the opportunity to meet and chat with people from all parts of the world, all while being outside in the fresh Rocky Mountain air!
The Landscaper position helps create and maintain a welcoming environment for our guests. This includes upkeeping meadow areas, gardens, and planters around Black Mountain Lodge and the Base Area. Additionally, the Landscaping team will work together to design and build an outdoor space that creates a memorable experience for A-Basin’s guests.
A-Basin Landscapers are eligible for a staging program that relates to applicable pay based on experience. See the staging requirements and schedule below.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off and sick pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus
- Flexible schedule
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Haul hoses and water meadow areas, gardens, and planters
- Rake up dead grass and trash from meadow areas and gardens
- Move planters throughout the summer season as needed
- Shovel and move dirt; fertilize meadow areas, gardens, and planters
- Help carry out tasks for revegetation and erosion control
- Plant and deadhead planters, remove weeds
- Answer questions about and direct guests to summer ski area services
- Pick up litter and trash around the Base Area and on the mountain
- Assist other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of high-altitude plants
- Basic knowledge of design for hardscape, gardens, revegetation areas, and planters
- Basic knowledge of soil amendments including: fertilizer, mulch, soil mix, etc.
- Ability to withstand high altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to stand and walk throughout a shift
- Ability to use full range of body motion and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, carry, and throw
- Ability to safely navigate steep, uneven terrain
- Ability to push, pull, carry, and move planters, dirt, hoses, plants, soil bags, etc.
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Must pass a motor vehicle records background check
- This position will work outdoors in a high-alpine environment in all types of weather conditions. This role involves a large amount of demanding physical labor on steep and uneven terrain. Some work is performed in highly trafficked areas in view of guests. Riding a chairlift may be required for this role.
Landscaper Staging Program
Landscaper Level I: See above for essential responsibilities and requirements.
Landscaper Level II: Pay Range: $15.50 - $17.00/hr
Fulfills all stage I responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- Maintain planters while recognizing environmental challenges and the needs of plants at high-altitude
- Maintain native grasses and plants in revegetation project areas
- Train other staff members as needed to help with landscape activities
- Understand and maintain water schedule for revegetation areas and planters
- Create and maintain native plant environments around high-use areas
- Operate UTV in a safe manner
- Pick up trash around the Base Area and empty recycling as needed
- Be knowledgeable of the area and the local flora and fauna
- Be knowledgeable of mountain events to help facilitate guests’ needs
- Ability to work comfortably with little or no supervision
Landscaper Level III: Pay Range: $16.00 - $18.50/hr
Fulfills all stage I-II responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- Design and maintain planters and revegetation and landscape areas while recognizing environmental challenges and the needs of plants at high-altitude
- Train and supervise other staff members as needed to help with landscaping activities
- Develop a safety and training plan
- At least 3 years of previous experience working with restoration projects, hard landscapes, or landscape maintenance