Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys Technology is seeking multiple candidates for a Literary Editor position in the Fort Gordon area. The position requires a candidate to have a current Secret security clearance.
This position is contingent upon award of contract.
- Provide literary editing support in English composition, sentence, graphic and paragraph structure, spelling, grammar, punctuation and ensures logical and coherent content flow of doctrine division products.
- Provide editorial guidance and assistance to writers as it relates to the doctrine product being developed. The literary editor positions require training on the TRADOC doctrine development template with Microsoft Word. The Combine Arms Center (CAC) at Fort Leavenworth, KS will provide training when requested and scheduled by the COR for this contract.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in English literature or technical writing or a minimum of three years of experience in writing and editing technical manuals and/or business documentation.
- Have a minimum of five years of experience and knowledge in the capabilities and limitations of applicable Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge and skills in coordinating and reviewing graphic and illustrations during the editorial process with the publication development staff.
- Have 2 yrs. experience and knowledge in the capabilities and limitations of applicable computer equipment, program system software and programming aids (templates) in order to carry out and coordinate efforts to analyze and verify mandated format requirements.
- Have 2 yrs. experience and knowledge of writing or editing military documents.
- Secret Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.