Capital Christian Center has been a cornerstone of outreach and community in Sacramento for over a hundred years. Since its humble beginnings in 1916 at the home of Mrs. William Hatfield, the wife of a Sacramento attorney, Capital’s halls are now not only filled with hundreds of Christian believers who share in God’s love through worship and service, but also employees who consistently strive for spiritual, intellectual, and academic development in their work here.
It is along with these pursuits that we are looking for more amiable, humble, and respectable professionals to join our workplace community. Capital Christian Center and School provide a working environment where employees can share their unique abilities and passions together with their colleagues, impacting the lives of others on both small and large scales in the community. Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV) notes, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” With this, we ultimately believe that Capital is built and carried by our staff, who give their love, time, and energy into making the work experience better for each other and across all departments.
Overall, if you are hard-working, vision-oriented, and have a spirit for growing your experience in a Christian work environment, then we have employment opportunities for you at Capital Christian Center or Capital Christian School.
All employees in service to Capital Christian Center must be mature persons, committed to the religious mission of Capital Christian Center, with a personal born-again experience in Jesus Christ, evidence of a consistent Christian life, and personally subscribing to the Tenets of Faith of Capital Christian Center. All employees are deemed integral parts of the ministry of Capital Christian Center, and each is expected to conduct himself or herself on the job and privately in their personal lives, on-site and elsewhere, in such a way as to complement the image and mission of Capital Christian Center, toward the advancement of the cause and Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
Directly responsible to the Security Services Director in conjunction with church/ school site administration; perform church/ school security duties, in and about the church/ school sites and other Capital Christian owned and operated properties; provide support services for “at-risk” students with attendance and other related concerns; provide one-on-one support for students and/or parents; work closely with site administration and personnel to identify and monitor “at-risk” students; participate in meetings; make child abuse referrals when appropriate; possess knowledge of socio-economic and cultural-ethnically diversified student population, and the ability to effectively communicate and discern needs; enforce applicable sections of the California Education Code, Penal Code, Capital Christian School Board Policy, individual school rules, policies, regulations and procedures; and perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Assure the safety and security of Capital Christian Center Church/ School personnel, students, and visitors on Church/ School property and at Church/ School activities.
- Assure security services are provided to Capital Christian buildings, facilities, materials/contents, bus stops, parking lots and areas adjacent to schools where students may gather.
- Collect, transport, and deposit Capital Christian Church/ School monies.
- Patrol buildings and grounds of church/ school campus.
- Conduct foot and/or bike patrol of assigned areas during, before, and after church/ school hours.
- Direct and monitor congregation/ student activities when needed.
- Assist visitors in their movement to and from Capital Christian Church/ School activities and property.
- Work with church/ school site administrators in controlling unauthorized presence and movement of students and non-students.
- Take appropriate action to quell disturbances.
- Work collaboratively with site administration, Public Safety Officers, and outside law enforcement personnel.
- Work cooperatively with local law enforcement agencies (Sacramento Police, Rancho Cordova PD, Sacramento County Sheriffs’ Departments and California Highway Patrol), as well as other emergency service agencies.
- Operate equipment and devices needed to orderly conduct responsibilities of the campus security detail.
- Secures crime scenes, preserves physical evidence, take written statements from victims, witnesses and suspects, and performs follow up investigations.
- Write clear, concise and accurate reports utilizing appropriate technology.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports related to security operations on incidents including, but not limited to, crime reports, incident reports, property damage and theft reports.
- Follow established Capital Christian Church/ School procedures in reporting.
- Participate in on-going training as provided by the Capital Christian Security Director.
- Participate in periodic uniform inspections.
- May be required to operate Capital Christian vehicles in the performance of assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to testify in court.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and special events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years’ experience in security or related field.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Familiar with concepts and application of behavior modification strategies and techniques.
- Policies, rules, and regulations concerning campus control, security, and appropriate student behavior.
- Crowd control procedures.
- Detection and identification of dangerous drugs and improper substances.
- Safe campus supervision methods and procedures.
- Applicable sections of California laws and codes, Capital Christian Church/ School Board Policy, individual school rules, policies, regulations and procedures.
This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical work environment, based on the activity scheduled. Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to walk and sit for extended periods and may be exposed to outside weather conditions; including but not limited to, heat, cold, humidity, rain, and direct sunlight. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, and similar machines.
Working conditions are dynamic. Work requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule that may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. Employee will be using his/her personal vehicle; therefore, employee must hold valid driver’s license in state where based and have appropriate auto insurance as required by law. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment; must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure. Employee must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, initiative, and exercise confidentiality. Employee must understand and apply all company policies and procedures and have ability to follow instructions, be detailed oriented, and have good follow-through on all projects.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities above are the only duties to be performed by the individual(s) with this job description. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to be minimal standards required to perform the position. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties required by his/her supervisor consistent with the purpose of the position, department, and/or company objectives. Capital Christian Center expressly reserves the right to change this job description and the duties assigned to the individual from time to time as deemed appropriate in Capital Christian Center’s sole discretion.
This job description is not intended as and does not create an employment contract or otherwise guarantee employment. Employment is at-will and can be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice by either party.