Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a platform that can address any disease area with high unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new RNA-targeted small molecule (rSM) medicines to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA. By targeting distinct RNA structure:function relationships, Arrakis aims to generate drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug with other approaches, opening up vast new realms of human biology for medicine.
Generating high-quality RNA constructs for compound screening, biophysical/biochemical assays, and structural biology efforts is core to the mission at Arrakis. We are seeking a candidate to join our RNA production team and play a critical role in supporting and extending our world-class in vitro transcription (IVT) platform to produce natively folded RNA at scale. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of integrity, intelligence, and innovation to make a large impact on our mission.
- Support Arrakis’ in vitro transcription platform to produce RNA at scale for downstream applications.
- Purify RNA constructs by size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) and perform quality control using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis (e.g., Fragment Analyzer), SEC, and related biochemical techniques.
- Characterize RNA structure using chemical probing (e.g., SHAPE), Illumina sequencing, and biophysical assays.
- Develop and deploy 5'- and 3'-end labeling methods to modify RNA constructs generated through the IVT platform.
- Work effectively with a cross-functional RNA biology, computational biology, biophysics, and chemistry team to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 4+ years industry experience or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years industry experience.
- Experience with biochemical techniques required (e.g., enzymatic reactions, chromatography, and gel electrophoresis).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with RNA and performing in vitro transcription reactions.
- Experience with size exclusion chromatography preferred.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing methods strongly preferred.
- Proactive and efficient to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis/Amgen Partnership (Jan. 2022)
Arrakis/Roche Alliance Partnership (Apr. 2021)
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.