American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and helped thousands of farm families make a go of it (primarily through programs that increase farm viability and/or enhance farmland access). Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are inclusive. We embrace differences. We recognize and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all our employees. We celebrate the unique traditions, heritages, and experiences our employees bring to the workplace. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity, and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Working with AFT’s Director of Corporate Partnerships, this individual will identify and qualify new prospects, solicit, and steward existing prospects, and be responsible for achieving specific fundraising targets. This person will work with development staff as well as regional and national program teams to implement thoughtful and continuous stewardship of Corporate Partners.
This position is responsible for managing corporate relationships and partnership fulfillment with current corporate partners – from cause-marketing partners to program restricted projects – and supporting overall corporate fundraising efforts. The successful Manager will follow corporate partnership practices and trends, as well as be interested in utilizing brand marketing, PR, social media, digital, experiential, promotions, and creative to bring partnerships to life.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Partnerships. This position is not place-based and can be performed remotely. However, if performed remotely, applicants should expect to occasionally travel (15%) for key meetings, stakeholder engagements, board meetings, etc.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Manage day-to-day partnership needs, activation, and fulfillment for Corporate Partnerships including cause marketing partners, philanthropic corporate donors, and other program partnerships.
- Manage and serve as lead on assigned partner relationships and special projects.
- Design, implement, and direct multiple partnerships including partnership announcements, content, and activations through marketing, communications, and internal review and approval process
- Communicate corporate partnership goals and priorities to internal and external stakeholders through briefing materials, decks, and presentations.
- Draft and prepare renewal strategies, term sheets, proposals, and contracts for partnership renewals. Handle invoicing for assigned corporate partners.
- Collaborating with team members to utilize donor data to track and manage constituent information to build a solid strategic infrastructure for relationship management.
- Employing a growth mindset and contributes to a culture of gratitude.
The ideal candidate is experienced and confident asking for philanthropic support, and possesses:
- Experience in fundraising, cause marketing, sponsorship, marketing or related field.
- Experience in community engagement around natural resources conservation, agriculture, food systems, and sustainability is highly desired.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to speak intelligently and passionately to external stakeholders about AFT’s mission and impactful programs around the country.
- Experience managing project budgeting and planning.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Good with technology and systems, experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT is preferred.
- Willingness to travel for strategic meetings and events (less than 20%).
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required, and 2-5 years of experience in successfully managing marketing programs and/or sponsorships from the corporate, agency, or non-profit partner perspective.
Why you should apply
- Be a part of a purpose-driven, committed, knowledgeable, high-performing, experienced and fun team
- A diverse and inclusive work environment
- A cause and mission you can be proud of
- Competitive compensation & Benefits
- Remote work opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
AFT offers a competitive total rewards package. The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience.