Capital Christian Center has been a cornerstone of outreach and community in Sacramento for over a hundred years. Since its humble beginnings in 1916 at the home of Mrs. William Hatfield, the wife of a Sacramento attorney, Capital’s halls are now not only filled with hundreds of Christian believers who share in God’s love through worship and service, but also employees who consistently strive for spiritual, intellectual, and academic development in their work here.
It is along with these pursuits that we are looking for more amiable, humble, and respectable professionals to join our workplace community. Capital Christian Center and School provide a working environment where employees can share their unique abilities and passions together with their colleagues, impacting the lives of others on both small and large scales in the community. Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV) notes, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” With this, we ultimately believe that Capital is built and carried by our staff, who give their love, time, and energy into making the work experience better for each other and across all departments.
Overall, if you are hard-working, vision-oriented, and have a spirit for growing your experience in a Christian work environment, then we have employment opportunities for you at Capital Christian Center or Capital Christian School.
All employees in service to Capital Christian Center must be mature persons, committed to the religious mission of Capital Christian Center, with a personal born-again experience in Jesus Christ, evidence of a consistent Christian life, and personally subscribing to the Tenets of Faith of Capital Christian Center. All employees are deemed integral parts of the ministry of Capital Christian Center, and each is expected to conduct himself or herself on the job and privately in their personal lives, on-site and elsewhere, in such a way as to complement the image and mission of Capital Christian Center, toward advancement of the cause and Kingdom of Jesus Christ. Behavior that is viewed as immoral or sinful, as we interpret Scripture, or is disloyal or antagonistic to, or adversely reflecting on Capital Christian Center will not be tolerated and may be cause for dismissal.
The Summer Go Administrative Assistant assists the Summer Go Program Assistant Managers Summer Go Program Managers, and Summer Go Counselors. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the logistics of the program to ensure efficient operation of the camp as well as supervision of its campers. It includes team management, camper supervision, schedule management, kid/parent contact, and record-keeping. The candidate for this position must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) and have the aptitude and willingness to learn other programs as needed. The ideal candidate must be organized, creative, and have excellent communication skills, as well as thrive in a fast paced team environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Strong commitment to core mission, values, and vision of Capital Christian Center.
- Possess a deep commitment to ministry and be in agreement with Capital Christian Center’s confession of faith, mission, vision and core values.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented; adept at multitasking and juggling, planning for various tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Provides support to all Summer Go staff by managing contact with parents, assisting in day to day operations of the camp, and providing discipline of the campers when necessary.
- Complete tasks and communication, keeping track of all communications either manually or digitally.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner, exhibiting judgment and discretion.
- Organize and maintain materials for department’s areas of responsibility.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service to fellow staff, the church body, volunteers as well as the community at large.
- Participates in chapels, meetings, and events as required by department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and to influence others both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to anticipate administrative needs and implement tasks.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to type at a corrected rate of 45 WPM.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher).
- Strong customer service skills and ability to relate and interact professionally with volunteers, staff, and church family.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to speak about the organization’s work in an articulate, professional, and compelling manner.
- Strong team management skills.
- Ability to take and give direction, as well as meet firm deadlines.
- Strong cross-functionality skills requiring a high level of diplomacy.
- Comfortable working in a fluid, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to perform sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must be able to work in a variety of settings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
This position’s duties are normally performed in a standard work environment based on the activity scheduled. Some physical effort is required; therefore, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. He or she may be required to walk or sit for extended periods and may be exposed to outside weather conditions, including but not limited to: heat, cold, humidity, rain, and direct sunlight. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment, such as a computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, and other similar machines.
Working conditions are dynamic. This requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule that may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. The employee will be using his or her personal vehicle; therefore, he or she must hold a valid driver’s license in the state where he or she is based and has appropriate auto insurance as required by law. The employee needs to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work assignments, and do well under pressure. He or she must also demonstrate professionalism and integrity, take initiative, and exercise confidentiality. Finally, the employee must understand and apply all company policies and procedures, have the ability to follow instructions and be detailed oriented, and have good follow-through on any and all projects.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. The description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities stated above are the only duties to be performed by the individual(s) within this position. All requirements, skills, and abilities included here have been determined to be the minimal standards required to perform this position. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties instructed by his/her supervisor that is consistent with the purpose of this position, department, and/or company objectives. Capital Christian Center expressly reserves the right to change this job description and the duties assigned to the individual periodically as deemed appropriate in Capital Christian Center’s sole discretion.
This job description is not intended as and does not create an employment contract or otherwise guarantee employment. Employment is at-will and can be terminated any time with or without cause and with or without notice by either party.