Our Editorial Project Manager is an integral part of the Guideposts Books editorial team. The person in this critical role will be responsible for working with outside authors to create annual, one-shot, and continuity original works, as well as identifying potential book licensing opportunities in the Christian publishing arena. Team member will collaborate with the fiction books editorial team, providing support and assistance when needed. The Editorial Project Manager will partner with the books marketing team to understand our customer demographics in order to maintain current publishing success and to develop concepts for research and testing that will ensure future success.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Efficiently handle multiple simultaneous editorial projects in various stages from concept though final published work.
- Manage outside contractors (writers, editors, proofreaders, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with team members, books marketing, and across all Guideposts departments.
- Maintain impeccable records, develop and adhere to preproduction schedules, and maintain project budgets using Guideposts technology toolbox (scheduling software, digital asset library, etc.).
- Partner with marketing team to identify and develop new products that appeal to target audiences, providing content and support for various testing methodologies.
- Skillfully and efficiently edit content, mostly digitally; provide leadership and guidance for external writers and editors.
- Copywriting, such as concept descriptions for testing, promotional copy, back covers
- Ensure smooth and ongoing communications with internal and external colleagues.
- Other responsibilities as needed.