The Plant Manager is responsible for the 24 hours plant operations with accountability for all functions that support the manufacturing facility including production, equipment, maintenance and sanitation. This position will take ownership for ensuring quality and safety standards are being met across the plant and the staff of approximately 70 persons is engaged with the Schluter vision.
- Continuously coach employees on how to understand and identify safety hazards. Develop a culture where employees actively participate in addressing unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Develop operational and capital budgets along with financial forecasts which captures necessary expenses including raw materials, utilities, staffing, debt maintenance and supplies
- Monitor changing costs to ensure sufficient cost reduction activities are in place and that product pricing is set appropriately
- Ensure evidence of continuous improvement efforts of 5S and autonomous maintenance though auditing, daily actions, coaching activities and overall appearance of assets and work areas.
- Empower employees to view quality as a key pillar of our success. Mentor employees to “Do the right thing” for our customers at all times. Verify quality is controlled by conducting quality audits and utilizing escapes as coaching opportunities.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by ensuring open communication, empowerment and idea generation and realization at all levels in the plant
- Solve problems daily by working together as an engage team member with our engineering group, maintenance and your staff. Ensure everyone has an equal voice and problems are addressed in the right priority according to its criticality.
- Train employees on problem solving and engage them on issues to provide mentoring opportunities on how to; define the problem, identify root causes, propose solutions, take action and measure the impact.
- Provide on the job training, ongoing standard work audits and continuous re-enforcement of work practices to ensure the work process is controlled
- Coordinate the execution of manufacturing schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity
- Analyze current and future capacities and implementation of improvements and expansions to support growth
- Determine plant policies consistent with corporate policies and direct and supervise the application of such to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost
- 5+ years’ experience as a plant manager
- Demonstrated hands-on lean manufacturing experience
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Ability to work independently demonstrating strong technical knowledge and good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining quality and safety standards
- Sound communication skills and excellent problem-solving ability
- Possess skills required to improvise and adapt where needed
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Combination of experience and related training may substitute formal education requirements
Schluter Systems is a family-owned and internationally renowned company that has been rapidly growing over the last 10 years. The Schluter brand is backed by a team of people working together to create a line of innovative products that provide solutions to the tile industry. We’re looking to build our team with individuals who like to think BIG, and want to be part of what makes our products-- extraordinary. We are a company that treats its employees, suppliers, and customers as long-term partners. Where success is built on a win-win philosophy and everyone should benefit.
"Profit is not the goal of the business. Profit is the consequence of a job well done" Werner Schluter, Founder
Are you interested in a truly unique and special company? Hear from our employees on what it means to be part of the Schluter family: http://www.schluter.com/careers . Then if you’re ready to see life in Orange, talk to us about this career opportunity at Schluter Systems.
· Generous PTO (20 days)
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Guaranteed Biannual Bonuses
· 401k with Company Match
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Annual Raises
· Room for Advancement