Summary: The Cash Management Analyst manages the ongoing accounting requirements associated with GNMA, FNMA, FHLMC and bank loans within the commercial real estate finance industry. This position performs routine accounting tasks as a part of maintaining loan compliance standards. The Cash Management Analyst is an individual contributor role and will have limited, supervised interactions with customers.
Expected Outcomes: A successful Cash Management Analyst will possess a fundamental understanding of accounting and will place a high priority on accuracy and attention to detail in adherence with complex lending regulations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent math and Excel skills and enjoy applying those skills in a commercial finance environment with a desire to grow in expertise within the role and department.
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
- Requires a fundamental understanding of investor accounting and a basic understanding of multifamily lending.
- Excellent applied math skills in finance or accounting required.
- Ability to use Excel at an intermediate to advanced level in a business setting required.
- Proven ability to maintain high levels of accuracy with a strong attention to detail required.
- Must exhibit strong organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully independently and in a team environment required.
- Ability to use Word and Outlook at an intermediate level in a business setting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from an accredited institution required.
- Two years of accounting experience required.
- Prior experience with commercial mortgages and/or HUD is preferred.
- Prior experience with FICS or Precision LM mortgage software is preferred.
- Database report writer programming skills are preferred.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.