TPD is seeking an enthusiastic civil engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, the willingness to work cohesively within a team, and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in outside contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Preparation of design computations, quantity estimates, and construction cost estimates for projects within the team.
- Assisting in the analysis of field data, reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Obtaining, analyzing, and interpreting demographic and other regional transportation planning data.
- Assisting in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, impact studies, permits, and designs for projects.
- Instructing CADD personnel/technicians to collect field data and reduce designs to working drawings and data to schematic diagrams.
- Reviewing construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Serving as onsite project representative.
- Use of computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering, design, and planning documents.
- Responsible for job-specific quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual or handbook.
- Responsible for other general office duties as may be assigned.
As more experience is gained, the following duties may be added:
- Attend project and client meetings.
- Train and mentor other staff.
Technical learning is encouraged both externally, as well as within TPD’s own University program (TPDU). TPD strongly encourages and supports individual’s career growth and upward mobility. As staff members advance in their career paths, opportunities may arise for advanced roles, in turn increasing responsibility and leadership options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Required).
- Engineer in Training Certification (Preferred).
- Experience using CADD Software (MicroStation or AutoCAD) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple projects and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver’s License.
REASONS TO WORK FOR TPD
We are a dynamic team of multi-disciplinary transportation professionals that innovate, collaborate, learn from each other, and serve the needs of our clients and the public. Our team of 200+ engineering, design, planning professionals share a mission to improve the quality of life for the public. We are deeply dedicated to our company values, which include a commitment to: fostering a healthy work-life balance; bettering our surrounding communities through charitable work and giving; staff, client, and geographic diversity; Professional Development; meeting the needs of the public; as well as active engagement in the shaping of policy.
Our team members produce exceptional work products and are supported in their growth through some of the most competitive benefits in the industry. TPD offers a competitive salary and benefits, including an unmatched flex-time policy, Paid Time Off, parental leave, and a Professional Development program designed to help our staff continue their education and training throughout their careers.
ABOUT TPD’S CULTURE
Ranked the overall #4 Best Civil Engineering Firm to Work for in the Nation (#1 in our size category), and residing on the list of the Engineering News Record (ENR)’s Top 500 Design Firms in the nation, we are proud of our success and growth as a multi-disciplinary engineering firm since our inception in 1989. With 13 offices throughout the eastern United States, no project is too small or too large for our professionals. From local streetscape or trail design projects to corridor improvement projects spanning miles, we take pride in everything we produce as a team. Our staff has become like a second family, with group potlucks, coordinated fitness challenges, organized community improvement events and regular happy hours. We seek opportunities to spend time with each other outside work because we genuinely enjoy each other’s company. At TPD, we offer a creative, supportive, flexible, and fun environment, an ideal environment to continue your career.