TPD is seeking an enthusiastic experienced civil engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate has 5-7 years of traffic engineering and planning experience, a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, the willingness to work cohesively within a team, and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects. This position is ideal for an individual with experience and interest in the design of complete streets, trails, and other bicycle and pedestrian facilities. Experience with NCDOT and/or SCDOT engineering standards is preferred.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to engineering project managers on all aspects of traffic engineering and planning.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams on tasks such as traffic studies, corridor planning, feasibility studies, safety audits, intersection design, traffic signal design, roadway signing and pavement marking plans, and traffic and signal operations analysis.
- Preparation of design computations, quantity estimates, and construction cost estimates for projects within the team.
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, impact studies, permits, and designs for projects.
- Serving as onsite project representative.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and other consultants on a project team.
- The person who fills this position may work on assignments for the public and private sector.
Technical learning is encouraged both externally, as well as within TPD’s own University program (TPDU). TPD strongly encourages and supports individual’s career growth and upward mobility. As staff members advance in their career paths, opportunities may arise for advanced roles, in turn increasing responsibility and leadership options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- PE license is required
- Minimum of 5-7 Years of Traffic Engineering Experience
- Experience utilizing MicroStation, SYNCHRO, SimTraffic
- Experience with VISSIM, Sidra Transmodeler, TransCAD is a plus.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is a plus
- Experience in ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License
REASONS TO WORK FOR TPD
We are a dynamic team of multi-disciplinary transportation professionals that innovate, collaborate, learn from each other, and serve the needs of our clients and the public. Our team of 200+ engineering, design, planning professionals share a mission to improve the quality of life for the public. We are deeply dedicated to our company values, which include a commitment to: fostering a healthy work-life balance; bettering our surrounding communities through charitable work and giving; staff, client, and geographic diversity; Professional Development; meeting the needs of the public; as well as active engagement in the shaping of policy.
Our team members produce exceptional work products and are supported in their growth through some of the most competitive benefits in the industry. TPD offers a competitive salary and benefits, including an unmatched flex-time policy, Paid Time Off, parental leave, and a Professional Development program designed to help our staff continue their education and training throughout their careers.
ABOUT TPD’S CULTURE
Ranked the overall #4 Best Civil Engineering Firm to Work for in the Nation (#1 in our size category), and residing on the list of the Engineering News Record (ENR)’s Top 500 Design Firms in the nation, we are proud of our success and growth as a multi-disciplinary engineering firm since our inception in 1989. With 13 offices throughout the eastern United States, no project is too small or too large for our professionals. From local streetscape or trail design projects to corridor improvement projects spanning miles, we take pride in everything we produce as a team. Our staff has become like a second family, with group potlucks, coordinated fitness challenges, and organized community improvement events. At TPD, we offer a creative, supportive, flexible, and fun environment, an ideal environment to continue your career.