Enjoy working from the comfort of your home! Fully Remote Position!
Explore a Career with Skillable. Make a difference every day.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the United States, where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
Become part of the Skillable team, where we want you to love your work
The Network Operation Center Engineer is responsible for monitoring out production applications using all monitoring tools provided, the production software itself and any other means by which you need to ensure all issues are caught proactively. The role is also responsible for owning and managing all incident reports from start to resolution with system health monitoring/management, customer/internal team communications, tracking and documenting all defects and resolutions in detail through a designated ticketing system. Troubleshooting/triage of issues within their defined areas.
This position is completely remote; therefore, a qualifying candidate is expected to have a home workspace that includes a private, quiet area for meetings and conference calls and there may be occasional travel. The NOC team provides 24x7x365 support to the company and therefore some NOC positions require an after-hours schedule. The role also includes an on-call escalation rotation.
The NOC Engineer reports directly to the NOC Manager and is a member if the NOC Team.
Essential Functions job duties refer to those responsibilities that are critical and necessary to do the job.
- Be the lead and point person for all Incident Management
1. Own the issue from inception to close
- Get information and report it effectively and timely to the company and external support pages according to documented and agreed to procedures
- Communicate incidents and outages to customers and Skillable employees
- Clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Communicate to a broad audience, stakeholders, customers and colleagues
- Translate technical topics to various audiences
- Provide accurate and specific information to platform engineering teams
- Ticket Management:
- Respond to and resolve tickets within the SLA
- Ensure tickets are tagged appropriately
- Escalate issues as needed
- At all times have a thorough understanding of all aspects of our production software applications and services, including all features, functions, and capabilities
- Be familiar with high priority clients/programs and general users
- Maintain a knowledge of service architecture, design, resource configuration, and business impact of events and symptoms
- Expertise in monitoring tools
- Knowledge of service subject matter and business processes.
- Knowledge of incident models, diagnostic tools, methods.
- Analytical skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Collateral job duties refer to those responsibilities that are less critical to do the job or only arise from time to time.
- Support other internal departments as needed:
- Report and document issues for Platform Team
- Develop and maintain best practices:
- Provide feedback on the self-help articles available to users/clients
- Identify macros, task lists, etc. within ticket management (Zendesk) that may be utilized to improve ticket consistency and/or efficiency
- An understanding of the following Lab on Demand platform aspects:
- Hyper-V, VMware, and/or Cloud Slice (Azure, AWS)
- Interacting with storage, hosts, file shares, etc.
- Understanding of the content distribution system of LOD
- Understanding of how LOD manages lab hosts
- Understanding of virtual disk management
- Understanding of virtual networking
- Content creation and management using the markdown tools in the Lab on Demand IDLx editor
- Strong ability to troubleshoot using many different resources
- Familiarity with the Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with major cloud provider platforms (Azure/AWS/Google)
- Comfortable working from home and a self-motivator
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Ability to constantly operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
- Ability for occasional travel for company events.
- Ability to move equipment, in excess of 10 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee's compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, 10 Company Recognized Holidays, 1 Floating Holiday, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!