Come work for Meridian at our new facility in Hayward, California!
Meridian has a proud history dating back over 75 years. Over the decades, we have grown from a small aircraft maintenance business into a full-service private aviation company. Along the way, we have learned that exceptional customer service is what our customers value most. That philosophy, along with our dedication to putting safety first, is the cornerstone of our culture at Meridian. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our outstanding service and high safety standards, but that wouldn't be possible without the great people that we hire.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers, which contributes to the reputation of our company.
The Customer Service Representatives assist our clients with their service requests in a professional and friendly manner that reflects positively on Meridian Hayward and the Meridian Family. We are currently hiring a full-time position to cover the following schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday - 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and Friday, Saturday - 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Pay starts at $18.00 per hour.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answer telephones in a timely manner; within three rings
- Receive and place catering orders with approved vendors
- Assist customers with Hotel Reservations, Rental Car Reservations and Limousine Reservations
- Confirm all completed reservations with the customer via fax, e-mail or telephone
- Maintain arrival/departure schedule and service requests
- Work with departing flight crews to get their service needs completed (fuel, coffee, ice, newspapers, lav service) which will require coordination with line service.
- Bill and collect for all items taken before an aircraft departs
- Monitor and respond to ARINC radio.
- Keep line service up to date on all arriving and departing aircraft
- Greet and check in all arriving and departing flight crews
- When needed, assist line service with courtesy runs to and from local hotels; Valid Driver License required
- Maintain and keep lobby/coffee station/kitchen and business area neat/clean and properly stocked; Empty garbage bins when needed
- Accept additional responsibilities as assigned to ensure the overall operation of the company and to support teamwork
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience (airline, hotel, retail) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer skills required. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as a comfortable knowledge of the internet.
- Must be able to work well without supervision
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence with attention given to grammar and spelling
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Fluent in English; Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Your rights under employment laws:
EEOC is the Law Posters: