CDC Small Business Finance (CDC) is a national leader in mission-based lending to small business owners. Through its 40 years in business, the not-for-profit has established itself as the largest SBA 504 lender and the largest SBA Community Advantage lender in the U.S.A. CDC is aggressively expanding its program offerings and services in non-SBA product lines with a continued emphasis on creating jobs and success for entrepreneurs. CDC is looking for proactive, performance-oriented professionals through this growth phase. We offer a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits and a work culture that is second-to-none.
The Loan Officer is responsible for developing loan prospects within a defined market for a variety of loan programs. The ideal candidate will generate a productive business referral network of banks and support organizations, establish themselves as a resource for small business and economic development industry professionals and create a steady pipeline of leads for loan pre-qualification. Compensation will include a base salary with incentive payouts based on delivery of prequalified loans to the loan production team and ultimate loan fundings generated from the pipeline.
- Market and promote business services of CDC to centers of influence (COI’s), banks, non-bank lenders, small business support and networking organizations, government agencies and other entities that can provide access to entrepreneurs seeking credit.
- Develop invitation opportunities for speaking engagements to groups or individuals that will yield loan leads and expand the loan referral network within the assigned territory.
- Represent CDC at business and industry events.
- Review basic financial data (tax returns and financial statements) to pre-qualify and analyze loan applications for eligibility and credit worthiness using CDC credit guidelines and spreadsheet tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or finance related field from a recognized college or university – or – equivalent qualifying experience in sales.
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in finance products or services.
- General knowledge of commercial or small business credit, preferably in a mission based or SBA loan department.
- Market connections and network of business contacts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent sales techniques and presentation skills with an ability to educate key audiences on a variety of lending programs and advantages to working with CDC.
- Proven track record of prospecting new businesses and developing referral networks.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.