The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for selling Power Packer (North America) products and services to OEM’s, End-Users, and Distribution by prospecting, generating leads, and calling on prospects and assigned customer accounts. A qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal communication and relationship building skills required to establish and maintain solid partnerships with key customer contacts including purchasing, engineering, and product development staff. Time management, follow-up and follow through skills to ensure all aspects of sales transactions are handled in a professional, ethical, and timely manner resulting in our brands being viewed as the provider of choice resulting in our business getting the first call on order opportunities.
- Pursue new business leads by using all the resources available including reps, trade shows, networking, manufacturers, and the internet.
- Establish weekly contact & travel plans designed to call on a combination of prospects, ongoing projects and maintenance customers to meet/exceed annual program.
- Leverage internal technical sales support resources to penetrate and secure new business resulting in expanding the customer base to drive sales.
- Drive each level of the sales cycle staying in direct contact with the customer relative to sample requests and quotes and make sure that everything is complete, timely and is meeting customer expectations.
- Attend regular meetings with internal management, to present a thorough understanding of your business outlook, funnel opportunities and future funnel targets.
- Ensure the timeliness of price quotations is meeting the customer’s requirements by working with appropriate internal resources to gather accurate product and delivery information ensuring the solution for the customer and the highest profitability.
- Work with the customer’s purchasing, engineering and product development staff on projects and designs by offering value added services to ascertain and secure future business.
- Answer and resolve all customer questions, problems and complaints by responding to the contact, resolving the issue of concern, and following through in a timely manner to provide the highest level of service available.
- Maintain market awareness on competitor activities, industry trends and new concepts by reading industry periodicals, networking, attending periodic update training events and trade shows to remain current on industry trends to aid in making informed decisions and adding value.
- Report itinerary to management by submitting details on appointments such as; who is being visited (customer), what is the topic of the visit, when and where the appointment is to take place, so that customer activity and effectiveness can be tracked.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a closely related field of study; experience of at least 12 years in lieu of degree will be considered.
- At least 4 years’ experience selling directly to OEM equipment manufacturers. Experience selling related products is preferred. Established in-roads to industry associations and industry connections is preferred.
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
- Travel regularly, up to 50%, occasionally could be international travel.