Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading the Food Safety and Quality Programs of the Turtle Lake, WI site on a daily basis, under the guidance of the corporate Food Safety & Quality Director, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory and third-party requirements. The Quality Assurance Manager will provide oversight, direction, and motivation of the shift technicians and operators to ensure the efficient daily operation of the plant while obtaining the quality and quantity of product consistent with plant and quality objectives. This role also provides direct supervision of quality and sanitation teams, and provides indirect supervision of production associates regarding production, safety, and quality issues.
The Quality Assurance Manager provides operations with analytical support for process and product control, technical support, guidance, and training, which is crucial towards implementing and measuring benchmarks to achieve optimum plant performance.
The back-up for this position is the Food Safety & Quality Director for SQF Practitioner and Quality Manager duties. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for final decision making on site with regard to food safety and quality questions. In the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager, questions should be directed to the Plant Manager and the Food Safety & Quality Director.
The Quality Assurance Manager must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
SQF Practitioner, with responsibility and authority to:
- Manage the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF system.
- Maintain document control. This includes direct responsibility for updates to all quality control and food safety documents (e.g. HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, etc.) and assistance in the evaluation of current and proposed system procedures.
- Set Quality Assurance compliance objectives and ensure that targets are achieved
- Function as the site FDA Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Manage and maintain the site HACCP and Preventative Controls Programs
- Ensure compliance with food safety standards and legislation, including Organic Program, Kosher, Halal, and the non-GMO Project
- Coordinate the daily quality operations of the site
- Directly manage site quality, analytical, and sanitation personnel
- Ensure the efficient operation of the plant and its staff by striving to hit plant objectives for output, quality and safety
- Interact and communicate with Logistics and Production team regarding scheduling, sourcing, and production output
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers and maintain quality documentation of all ingredients used on site
- Maintain quality requirements of all warehousing used by PURIS-Turtle Lake
- Assess PURIS product specifications for raw materials and finished products and compare them to customer requirements
- Assign and direct employees on job tasks to ensure efficient use of all manpower
- Ensure the accuracy of production reporting, product test results, cleaning logs, and other shift documents, including the oversite of daily batch record review
- Ensure all required product sampling is completed, and maintain lot retains and customer sample library
- Track and investigate complaints and respond to the vendor or customer
- Develop and recommend test procedures for finished products and raw materials. This includes maintaining calibration of laboratory equipment calibration, ensuring test procedures are properly performed, and maintaining and trending all data.
- Function as point of contact for all food safety inspection from customers, third parties, the Food & Drug Administration, and State & Local regulators
- Act as liaison with all third-party test laboratories
- Manage the site pest control program
- Responsible for training of all employees in quality, food safety, and other related programs. This includes programs such as SSOPs, cGMPs, HACCP, third-party certification standards.
- Manage and maintain the site quality inspection and product release/disposition programs for incoming, in-process, and finished goods, including review and sign-off of all test results and generation/approval of Certificates of Analysis
- Maintain the site environmental monitoring program, ensuring implementation of any necessary corrective actions
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of new developments, technology, and processes
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related Food Science field
- Minimum of five years of experience in quality assurance/food safety arena
- PCQI certified and SQF practitioner
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Leadership and Organizational/Planning abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cooperative attitude
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong sense of integrity and goal setting
- Demonstrates ability to lead and integrate food safety into manufacturing activities.
- Familiarity with commercial food processing equipment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP