Interplan is a commercial architectural firm located in Orlando, FL, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over forty-nine years ago and has offices in Orlando, Oakbrook Terrace, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking to grow our full-time staff in our Oakbrook Terrace office and we are seeking a full-time Architectural CAD Drafter. Responsible to the Project Coordinator, Project Architect or Project Manager for production of CAD drawings from sketches, hard-line drawings, other electronic formats, and from “red line drawings”, in accordance with Interplan standards. Minimum of a high school diploma and one of the following: at least two (2) years experience in an architectural office, possess a construction drafting degree, or be currently enrolled in a related technical program. This position requires proficiency in AutoCAD, and a working understanding of CAD standards and conventions. Good communication and keyboarding skills are required.
**AutoCAD Architecture a PLUS**
- Sets up sheets and drawings.
- Insures that Interplan CAD standards and conventions are incorporated into the drawings.
- Prepares plans and details from sketches/convert mark-ups to finished drawings.
- Works efficiently (within the time frame allotted).
- Works accurately.
- Checks completed work against markups prior to returning both the mark-up and the new work to author of the markup.
- Plots drawings to the appropriate scale.
- Receive and send drawings electronically.
- Prepare transmittal and fax documents.
- Sends drawings to various plotters.
- Provides assistance as needed by Project Coordinator/Architect/Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.