The People & Culture Coordinator is responsible for supporting and coordinating people and culture programs and initiatives, ensuring a positive people experience across all touchpoints within the organization during an employee’s lifecycle. This position provides administrative support to the VP and Manager of People + Culture as well as operations support of the systems, processes and activities that support work in the following areas: Recruitment, Onboarding. Performance, Learning + Development, Employee Engagement, Benefits, Regulatory Compliance, and HR technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY JOB OUTCOMES
People & Culture Operations
- Support People + Culture department in sustaining a positive, safe and healthy work environment
- Support recruitment process: post open positions, monitor workflow in applicant tracking system and collaborate with hiring managers in building candidate pipelines and scheduling; run analytic reports
- Coordinate all activities related to the orientation and onboarding of new employees
- Serve as a positive and welcoming touchpoint and resource for all employees throughout the organization, helping to resolve issues, questions and concerns relevant to their employment experience
- Create and disseminate internal communications to employees
- Support the coordination of all learning and employee development initiatives
- Assist with all activities related to enriching the Employee Experience providing exceptional customer service, coordinating employee wellness activities and team events, supporting Employee Advisory Groups, all-staff meetings and other employee engagement activities
- Coordinate the off boarding of employees including conducting exit meetings to ascertain input about an employee’s experience and reasons for leaving the Alliance
- Travel to different parts of the Park to support employees as needed
HR Administration, Systems & Processes
- Serve as the “systems administrator” for the Paylocity HR/Payroll (HRIS) system and administer all People and Culture transactions through the various HR modules of this system
- Provide administrative support of all HR workflow processes, systems and reporting and tracking of people analytics and data
- Provide administrative support of the Benefit process including open enrollment, enrollments, changes and monthly reconciliations
- Sustain the customer support relationship with Paylocity as it related to HR components of the system
- Facilitate responses and follow-up actions required on inquiries relating to paid time off policies
- Administer analytic reports related to HR trends and data related to hiring, DEI goals, turnover, employee engagement, performance, and recruitment to drive program and assess improvements
- Assist with submitting employment compliance reports (e.g., EEO-1, OSHA Reports/Logs, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a human resources related role, inclusive of any relevant internships
- A valid/unexpired Drivers License
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes)
Passion for the Alliance Mission & Core Values: A passion for public parks and environmental conservation combined with a commitment to treating others with respect, appreciating individual differences and embracing the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Ethics & Integrity: Earns the trust and respect of others through a consistent commitment to integrity, honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
HR/People & Culture Knowledge: Knowledge of HCMS technology and HR systems in addition to at least three or more of the following core people and culture areas: recruitment, career pathing, performance, learning, DEI, employee engagement, benefits, compensation and total rewards. An understanding of federal, state and city compliance issues, regulations and applicable employment laws impacting employers, employees and the workplace. A strong commitment to quality and staying up to date on emerging trends, best practices and innovations in the field.
Communication Skills: Proficient written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a clear, culturally competent and understandable manner. Demonstrates effective listening skills and openness to other people’s ideas and suggestions.
Focus on Results and Impact: Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and be highly motivated to consistently produce high quality work and achieve desired outcomes and results.
Organization & Accountability: Well-organized with diligent attention to detail, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and take pride in consistently producing accurate, timely and quality work products with minimal supervision.
Collaboration & Teamwork: Committed to working in collaboration with others, promoting cooperation and commitment to others and being a positive team contributor.
Customer Service: Exhibits a strong commitment to delivering a superior experience for all employees
Technology: Proficient with automated technologies that support areas of responsibility including Paylocity, other people and culture technologies, Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office setting which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unusual elements.
- Requires operating a motor vehicle, routine physical movements with limited physical exertion and use of a desktop, laptop or video display terminal.
- Ability to communicate, receive and understand information through oral and written communication and proofread and check documents for accuracy.
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination series required for employment
Diversity Makes Us Stronger Together: Prospect Park Alliance serves park users of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and strives to reflect this diversity throughout our operations and in our leadership, staff, stakeholders and supporters. We know that by creating an equitable and inclusive workplace built on mutual respect and the appreciation of difference, our employees will feel safe to express themselves, voice their opinions and work together to find common ground and solutions. Integral to this vision is our longstanding commitment to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.