Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we provide the essential processing of financial contributions made by the Aggie Network in support of The Association’s mission. We are seeking an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our instrumental back-end operations.
While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations as well as our team’s core values, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to
(i) exhibiting strong attention to detail
(ii) managing time and maintaining focus
(iii) providing steadfast desire for excellence
(iv) serving as a professional team member
The Gift Processing Assistant will be responsible for receiving, organizing and recording contributions into the donor database. Under the leadership of the Coordinator of Gift Processing, this individual will also help answer telephone calls and emails regarding gift processing, donations and memberships. While needing the self-motivation and enthusiasm to effectively contribute as an individual, the Gift Processing Assistant will also play a key role in collaborating with the entire Gift Processing team to achieve our overall goals, mission, and vision.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Performs specific tasks in support of Gift Processing initiatives.
- Receives, opens and organizes mail.
- Records contributions from individual former students and friends into donor database.
- Balances and reconciles totals for daily postings of contributions.
- Prepares correspondence to constituents as needed.
- Answers telephone calls and emails relating to gift processing, donations and membership.
- Initiates personal contact to former students who may need follow-up information.
- General clerical duties.
- Processing of Call Center gifts and pledges and associated demographic changes.
- Processing of gifts and pledges made online at AggieNetwork.com and associated demographic changes.
- Maintenance of former students’ records and demographics for the Gift Processing Department.
- Assist other GP staff as needed.
- Works with other departments to improve processing of gifts and to identify potential endowed donors.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participation in internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents the Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Coordinator of Gift Processing.
Given: Gift Processing Student Assistant.
Required: High school graduation or any equivalent combination of training and experience supplemented by business courses with specific training in the use of Microsoft Office, personal computers and allied software.
Required: One year in varied clerical work.
Preferred: Business courses at high school or college level. One year in accounts receivable or cash receipts recognition.
Required: Extensive working knowledge of standard office equipment and software including Microsoft Office.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Ability to operate 10-key. Ability to speak clearly. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Required: Strong attention to detail skills. Keyboarding, word-processing, spreadsheet and communication skills. Must be willing to work as team player with customer satisfaction as a priority. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to make sound and reasonable judgments on behalf of The Association. Willingness to work overtime during peak periods of the year.