SUMMARY: The Maintenance technician is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of Four Seasons facilities.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Inspect, repair and maintain equipment and facilities at both Four Seasons Association locations, including but not limited to, doors, hardware, ceiling tile, light bulbs, carpet, tile, drywall & plaster walls, painting, exterior landscaping, exterior drainage, roof maintenance.
- Assist with fitness equipment repairs at both locations as well as assist in coordination of preventative maintenance schedules and vendors.
- Follow and adhere to maintenance schedules for HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire suppression, and other agreements, including monthly site inspections.
- Maintain pool and spa area including chemical testing, balancing and cleaning.
- Utilize proper safety precautions needed to perform required daily tasks.
- Assist with setup and tear down of Four Seasons events, as needed.
- Maintain and organize maintenance areas and materials in a professional manner.
- May be asked to perform other duties, as assigned.
- Communicate any issues and concerns in a timely manner to the Building & Grounds Manager.
- Display a positive attitude toward all members, staff, vendors, and guests.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and clean driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; additional education preferred.
- Experience with maintenance/custodial operations is required.
- Experience in a fitness/health club setting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Basic computer skills necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair building and equipment
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices, and procedures of the facility.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines and or goals in a timely manner.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
- Willingness to obtain Certified Pool Operator Certification within first 6 months.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities including the second floor, basement and roof.
- Will be on your feet for multiple hours at a time.
- Will be required to commute between both facilities.
- Able to lift, push or roll heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) using proper body mechanics and safety protocol.
- Able to climb ladders and use power tools safely.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings, using cleaning and maintenance equipment. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools, exercise areas, chemicals and other cleaning supplies. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures. Frequently works varying hours and days.