The Director of Maintenance and Construction is a full time benefited position
Job Summary: The purpose of this safety sensitive position is to provide leadership and direct and oversee all aspects of the maintenance department and staff, to ensure maintenance and repair of all structures and grounds, and assign maintenance support for all program, conference services and food service needs.
- Directs maintenance operations by identifying requirements, forecasting resources, providing oversight for minor construction projects, capital improvement projects, and daily repair tasks. Assure timely completion of all tasks by providing direction to supervisors, technicians, engineers, and vendors
- Exhibit leadership in setting and achieving strategic goals for the maintenance department and develop and implement maintenance programs to increase the efficiency of maintenance staff, minimize loss, maximize resources, and improve customer satisfaction
- Supervise the hiring process of maintenance staff through well-defined job functions, necessary certifications, work requirements, and succession plans
- Maintains maintenance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees and by planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Assures the training, annual evaluation, and discipline of eleven maintenance employees.
- Work with Safety Coordinator to prioritize all health and safety regulations and ensure the department’s compliance with the law, other regulatory terms such as safety and building codes, and the Institute’s safety policy. Coordinate fire and other drills as appropriate
- Maintain the organization’s customer service standards to manage and resolve customer service requests and provide follow-up with project progress
- Develop and monitor the annual maintenance operating budget
- Ensure that all equipment is operational, oversee routine inspections of company equipment and that preventative maintenance schedules are in place and being followed
- Engage, negotiate, monitor, and enforce contract terms with external maintenance vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee acquisition, inventory and management of maintenance supplies and stock
- Oversee research, purchase, and implementation of a computerized maintenance management system for preventive maintenance tasks as well as work orders
- Ensure implementation and compliance of organization policies and procedures
- Ensure employees licensures and certificates, etc. are kept current, if applicable
- Represent maintenance on organization committees as needed
- Make recommendations to appropriate leadership for major repairs, upgrades, and/or replacements while considering the historical value of the property
- Other duties as assigned
- Through knowledge of the basic principles and methods of mechanical and maintenance trades as applied to the repair of large buildings; general knowledge of basic architectural and engineering principles and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, equipment, tools, and materials used in maintenance work, to include: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting, and basic vehicle maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazard and safety precautions involved in maintenance work
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and evaluate a comprehensive maintenance and safety plan
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and leadership abilities
- Large project management experience
- Excellent team-minded attitude
- Reliable transportation and a valid, Arkansas driver’s license
- Stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Must be able to lift up to 50-75lbs.
- Bend, kneel, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb ladder
- Embrace Core Values: Believe the mission; See the possibilities; Focus on we, not me; Do the right thing; Have fun
Education: High School Diploma/GED, Trade or Technical school preferred
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a plant or facilities maintenance with at least 2 years in a management or supervisory role
Education: Trade or Technical School, Degree in Engineering, Facility Management or similar field Experience: 10+ years in Plant or Facilities maintenance, with at least 5 years in a management or supervisory role
Work Schedule: Varies
Salary Range: $70k - $80k
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
We are a Rule 36 Drug Free Workplace which means an applicant is required to submit to a pre-employment drug test after being given a conditional offer of employment.