Great new opportunity for a Rolling Mill Utility Helper! The role will report to the Rolling Mill Facilitator and Supervisor. Candidate will assist in all facets of the Rolling Mill and Finishing Mill as needed. Train and fill absences, temporary vacancies, and provide relief for Finishing Area Operators.
- Cleans scrap steel and debris from finishing areas and occasionally from the rolling area, operate remote control crane(s) as needed, perform miscellaneous duties in rolling and finishing as directed.
- Utilize computer terminals, manual rod cutters, hydraulic rod cutters, cutting torch, mill wrenches, sledge hammer, crane hook, shovel, forklift, scrap buckets, banding gun, broom, steam cleaners, etc.
- Detect and report faulty material, environmental hazards, and/or improper operation of plant equipment or machinery; refer questionable and unusual matters to proper supervision.
- Follow all safety regulations and practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
- 2 or more years of general labor experience within a construction, industrial or manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to keep a work area clean.
- Previous crane remote operating experience, preferred..
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Wages & Benefits
Optimus Steel has a competitive benefit package.
Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care FSA
401K, Company match
Basic Life/Accident Insurance
Employee Assistance Program