Vertical Roots | Columbia, SC
As we continue to grow, we are looking for full-time Hydroponic Farmers in the Columbia, SC area. Farmers are responsible for all aspects of production to grow leafy greens in our indoor controlled environment container farms. This is a fast-paced production environment and areas of focus include seeding, transplanting, harvesting, packaging, and cleaning on a daily basis. Please note, this position requires a flexible work schedule which may entail night, weekend, and/or holiday shifts. Ideal candidates are willing to work a Sunday-Thursday shift but Monday-Friday shifts are available.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for all aspects of production to grow leafy greens: verifying quality of products, trimming, packaging, weighing and boxing
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of pods: harvesting, transplanting, cleaning, upkeep, and general maintenance
- Loading product and helping with delivery of orders
- Reporting observations, including plant abnormalities and system issues, to Farm Supervisor
- Develop and discuss alternative and innovative strategies for indoor farming, food safety, and maintenance
- Perform all tasks while upholding high safety and food safety standards
This position requires a high degree of manual labor that includes
- Standing the entire shift
- Repetitive hand tasks, gripping, pinching, pulling
- Repetitive use of ladders
- Bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, and twisting
- Working in a wet and/or cold environment on a daily basis
- Desire to make an impact in the community and passion for sustainability
- Accountable to maintain punctual and regular attendance for scheduled work hours.
- Dedication to our mission
- Self-starter, team player, strong communicator
- High attention to detail in an evolving, fast-paced environment
- Ability to consistently lift 20-40 lbs
- Must be available to be “on call” once every 6 weeks
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Drug free work environment at all times
All candidates are required to undergo pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Why You Want to Work Here
- Highly competitive wages in our industry
- Strong employer contributed and voluntary benefits (Medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability, critical illness, accident benefits)
- Tremendous company culture and paid time off policy
Who We Are
Our mission? Revolutionizing the way we grow, distribute and consume food.
What We Do
Three companies under AmplifiedAg working together:
- Vertical Roots is a farming operation that currently services 100+ restaurants and six grocery store chains
- Tiger Corner Farms is a hydroponic container farm manufacturer dedicated to building high quality, efficient indoor farms in order to create opportunities for farmers.
- Boxcar Central is a technology company that provides the controls and the software needed to integrate, automate, and monitor all aspects of an enterprise farming environment, from seed to sale.
- Precision: Pay attention to every detail
- Respect: We are a team and treat each other with kindness
- Integrity: Be fair, trustworthy and honest
- Empowerment: Every team member has a voice and can provoke change
- Consistency: Do it the right way, every time
- Fun: Have a positive attitude and enjoy what you do