Great new opportunity for Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor! This position oversees the Melt Shop Mechanical maintenance department. This position reports to the Melt Shop Superintendent. Plan and direct safety, work, and training for all assigned employees. Responsible for supervision of assigned shift engaged in maintenance, repair, and servicing of all existing mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and facilities in the melt shop at Beaumont Mill location.
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is primarily responsible for the supervision of a crew engaged in breakdown, rebuild and preventive maintenance programs to minimize production downtime due to equipment failure. This position reports to the General Supervisor, Melt Shop Maintenance. Reporting to the incumbent are approximately 19 hourly skilled maintenance electricians.
The incumbent is responsible for maintenance and installation of melt shop equipment and systems (mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic) including cranes, scrap handling equipment and other service equipment.
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for implementing and setting priorities for the preventive maintenance program which includes Mechanical transformers, substitutions, all Melt Shop Mechanical equipment, overhead crane Mechanical systems, PLC’s, and all Melt Shop HVAC equipment.
Incumbent is responsible for subordinate selection, training, evaluation, discipline, motivation and safety. Accountable for employee compliance with established safety procedures.
Challenges for the incumbent involve minimizing production downtime by proper scheduling and planning of work. The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor checks work in progress to insure proper maintenance is being performed, anticipates problems and investigates inadequate equipment performance and takes corrective action.
- Qualifications for this position include a four year college degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Material Science combined with 3 to 5 years’ experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with exposure to standardization and production quality methods.
- This position requires formalized mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic training and from 8 to 10 years experience in heavy mechanical maintenance with an extensive orientation period to the Beaumont Melt Shop equipment.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the business system and the use of complex technical and engineering processes.
- Requires the ability to train and guide people.
- The incumbent should possess solid presentation abilities combined with good interpersonal and organizational skills. People management skills a must.
- Experienced working in extreme weather conditions.
Wages & Benefits
Optimus Steel has a competitive benefit package.
Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care FSA
401K, Company match
Basic Life/Accident Insurance
Employee Assistance Program