Remote or in one of our offices in Boston, MA (HQ), Denver, CO or Louisville, KY
We are a rapidly growing technology company providing electric utilities with the real-time monitoring and analytics needed to secure the future of the grid. Our patented non-contact sensors collect critical information to unlock additional capacity on existing lines, provide insight into conductor health, and detect anomalies and risks. The platform is rapidly deployed at scale without the need for scheduled outages, live line work, or specialized installation equipment. We are helping our utility partners around the world lead the energy transition by increasing the capacity, resilience, and safety of the grid.
At LineVision, we have several custom sensor technologies we develop and manufacture which are a basis for our product offerings.
The Embedded/Firmware Engineer will be an integral member of LineVision’s Engineering team and will take ownership of firmware on our products, to ensure the highest quality in our new products, and improving quality in our existing products.
This position will report to the Director of Engineering, and work closely with the Hardware, R+D, Analytics, Quality/Manufacturing and Software teams.
What will you do?
- Hands-on development of firmware for our products and manufacturing test systems.
- Construct hardware testing frameworks and develop test cases
- Work closely with the our team to bring up new products
- Maintain code repositories and assist with new firmware releases
Within Three Months, You'll:
- Learn our existing products and diagnose field issues
- Automate testing of new product releases.
- Work with our contract manufacturers to develop automated testing and diagnostics for our products.
Within Six Months, You'll
- Be working with the team and R+D to add major functionality to our new products
- Scoping out new platforms and technologies for our new products.
Within a Year and Beyond, You'll
- Be architecting and developing new code bases for our new products.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- B.S. in engineering or a related technical degree
- 5+ years of related experience
- Hands-on firmware development on embedded linux, and bare metal microcontrollers.
- Comfort with the range of debugging tools from GDB to an oscilloscope.
- Comfort with reading schematics.
- Familiarity with security issues around embedded systems.
- Experience with the full product lifecycle, from working with design teams to bringing up new products with a manufacturer.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments and assist with production and field issues.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to contract manufacturers, remote offices and/or customer install locations.
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Growth. You will work with multiple stakeholders, wearing the many hats required in a startup environment, and learning new things. You will be working on existing codebases, and new ones, and will choose when to build and when to hack. You will own codebases you work on. You will touch tools and technologies including Firmware, Embedded Linux, Cellular IOT, Open-WRT, ThreadX, Curl, LiDAR, Git, C, Python, Regression Testing, FOTA.
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
Who we are...
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
If you are a Colorado resident, Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job title in the subject line of the email.
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.