Remote or in one of our offices in Boston, MA (HQ), Denver, CO or Louisville, KY
We are a rapidly growing technology company providing electric utilities with the real-time monitoring and analytics needed to secure the future of the grid.
Our patented non-contact sensors collect critical information to unlock additional capacity on existing lines, provide insight into conductor health, and detect anomalies and risks. The platform is rapidly deployed at scale without the need for scheduled outages, live line work, or specialized installation equipment.
We are helping our utility partners around the world lead the energy transition by increasing the capacity, resilience, and safety of the grid. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in our organization building the software to support our data analytics product.
What will you do?
You will have primary responsibility for insert one line description
- Build back-end systems will ingest and provide real-time, historical, and forecasted operational performance data about electric power infrastructure.
- Drive process and system improvements as well as evaluate new technology along with our Software Architect
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Knowledge of Core Software Engineering design patterns including IoC Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection, Observer, Repository, Service Layers, Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Algorithms, Data Structures, and performance considerations of each
- Experience working with large volumes of time-series data
- Outstanding remote-team and client/partner collaboration and commun
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Growth. You will work in a cloud-first environment using best-of-class frameworks, patterns, and methodologies to rapidly develop scalable software solutions that underpin our core systems and services.
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Compensation. You are vested in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation, benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by stock options in a high-growth company with world-class venture capital backing
Who we are...
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
If you are a Colorado resident, Please email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job title in the subject line of the email.
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.