Our company history spans over 6 decades, and we want to grow our talented team to help us expand our capabilities to develop the tools and technologies that enable science to change the world. If you share our passion for developing innovative technology solutions that make a positive global impact, we would love to speak with you! Browse our currently available job positions, and join Team MDC! We look forward to working together!
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
· Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
· Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
· Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
· Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
· Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Position Overview: Tends one or more machines to produce high vacuum components and electrical feedthroughs. Operates multiple manual machines such as a Lathe, Mill, Drill Press, Abrasive Blasting Cabinet, etc. Employee will hand polish parts/components while operating manual lathe using scotchbrite, sandpaper, files, wire brushes and other standard tools.
- Ability to learn machining practices, measurement skills, and tooling applications.
- Manually polish parts using a Lathe.
- Starts machines, manually feeds, and operates.
- Inspects and measures workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Read work orders and follow directions on assembly drawings.
- May be asked to cross-train in other areas such as cleaning/furnace operations.
- Files, sands, or shapes machined parts.
- Abrasive blast ceramic parts to remove contamination – masking off any metals for protection.
- Handle materials carefully to avoid damage.
- Visually inspect parts during standard operations for defects/damages.
- Log in and out of proper jobs in company software system and enters quantity of completion of jobs.
- Transport finished work pieces to next appropriate department or staging area in the production line.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to work with team members.
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to keep required job schedules.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.