Ready to make a difference?
SBP is recruiting AmeriCorps members to serve in all facets of our operation from physical construction to community engagement and construction coordination. YOU have an opportunity to drive change and deliver hope to disaster-impacted families across our current operating sites in Louisiana, Texas, Puerto Rico, and Florida!
As an AmeriCorps member serving with SBP, you will become part of the growing national service movement, and have the opportunity to develop and hone professional skills with a dynamic social-impact organization that is pioneering a new model for disaster recovery.
Join SBP’s AmeriCorps team and serve 10 months in one of the following roles:
- As a Project Lead, you play a pivotal role in executing SBP’s innovative recovery model by directly rebuilding, constructing, and fortifying the homes of disaster survivors. Not only do you learn and master many phases of construction, but as a Project Lead, you will also lead, mentor, and coach volunteers on-site, enabling SBP to maintain momentum in our work to return more families home.
- As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will design and facilitate an extraordinary volunteer experience that empowers individuals to join SBP in our mission to shrink the time between disaster and recovery. Imperative to SBP’s sustainability, Volunteer Coordinators bolster long-standing relationships with our volunteer network while creatively identifying new ways to recruit and promote external engagement with the organization.
- As a Supply & Logistics Coordinator, you will streamline SBP's warehouse and delivery system operations. By prioritizing efficiency and ensuring our sites have the materials they need, Supply and Logistics Coordinators actively help SBP reduce its time to bring disaster-impacted families back home.
- As a Construction Coordinator, you play a fundamental role in maintaining the momentum of our operations by overseeing the construction progress of our client’s homes. Construction Coordinators are involved with our projects from start to finish, whether securing proper permits for each site, designing subcontractor schedules, or monitoring overall site progress.
- As a Client Services Coordinator, you will champion SBP’s work to serve our disaster-impacted clients best, fortifying them from reaching their breaking points. Client Services Coordinators serve as a liaison for disaster survivors, offering them support throughout their recovery journey by assessing needs, providing referrals, and guiding the application or construction processes.
- As a Disaster Corps Project Lead, you will embody SBP’s dedication to timely emergency response, deploying to disaster-impacted communities following the immediate impact of natural disasters. Project Leads who serve under SBP’s Disaster Corps actively share SBP’s mission with the increasing number of communities experiencing disasters every year. This role is ONLY offered by the New Orleans and Houston operating sites.
If you’re committed to learning, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy leading volunteers, we want you on our team. Candidates without prior construction or otherwise applicable experience are still encouraged to apply.
Watch our Anthem to hear how SBP is helping prevent people from reaching their breaking point.
Learn how AmeriCorps members play a part in the growing national service movement and have the opportunity to develop valuable professional skills.
COVID-19 Safety Statement: SBP requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all team members. SBP team members closely interact with vulnerable populations. As such, we have an obligation to ensure that no team member poses a direct threat to the health or safety of our clients, themselves, or others in the workplace. All vaccinated team members will be required to submit photocopies of the front and back of their vaccination cards prior to onboarding with SBP.
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,600
- An additional $175 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $6,345 upon successful completion of each 10 month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Access to the AmeriCorps Member Assistance Program
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career