SUMMARY The person in this position will be part of a team that provides outstanding hospitality and service to individuals and groups. The members of this team will serve in Food Service through general food prep, delivery, presentation and customer service before, during and after meals. The person in this position will also serve on the Accommodations team by preparing facilities for guest use, cleaning sleeping rooms, meeting areas, restrooms and public spaces. They will be scheduled according to their specific training and skill levels along with the various needs of each group and event as these demands will vary with the schedule and shifts from day to day and week to week. All team members are expected to maintain an environment of professionalism, safety and hospitality. This person shall, always, demonstrate cooperative behavior toward co-workers, supervisors, volunteers and guests. Regular attendance is essential for this position. Adherence to a published, departmental schedule is expected and required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner in harmony with the Food Service Team.
- Know safe food handling practices and follow them (must have valid food handlers' card).
- Work as a team to ensure the daily setup, monitoring and cleanup of customer contact and back of house work areas: a) Setting tables, buffet lines, salad bar and drink stations consistently, according to set standards. b) Stocking, restocking and serving foods, beverages, snacks and supplies as needed, to ensure exceptional guest experience. c) Cleanup of dining room, kitchen, serving areas and dish room.
- Prepare, deliver, set up and clean up of Outcamp locations, Snack/Catering requests and special events.
- Clean sleeping and meeting rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, stairways and other work areas.
- Set up tables and chairs in auditorium and meeting rooms.
- Dust and wipe down surfaces.
- Make beds and prepare sleeping rooms for next guests.
- Empty trash and recycle from sleeping rooms and common areas.
ACTIVITIES (demonstrated upon training)
- Demonstrate competency to belay/spot elements and activities.
- Demonstrate proper set up of gear on ground and use of appropriate knots.
- Competent in ability to instruct and supervise participants on different challenge course elements.
- Demonstrate proper belay set up and belay method.
- Demonstrate the ability to see and manage inherent risk to minimize the risk of injury.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exist to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
Black Diamond Camp exists to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships, and biblical truth.
This is a part-time, hourly position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Timeliness, able to start and end shifts on time.
- Ability to use good judgement.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Willingness to learn and open to constructive feedback.
- Work collaboratively as a team.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with co-workers and guests.
- Be respectful to leadership.
- Be flexible with job assignments, willingly accept tasks and needs as they arise.
- Physically perform job requirements in a timely and appropriate manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with coworkers, supervisors and guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Food Handlers Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee can regularly stand; walk and/or sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and on occasion lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee in this position will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.