Remote or in one of our offices in Boston, MA (HQ), Denver, CO or Louisville, KY
We are a rapidly growing technology company, helping our utility partners around the world lead the energy transition by enabling enhanced grid flexibility, resilience, and security. We provide electric utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors to provide the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics needed to secure the future of the grid.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will play a key role in our organization by being the bridge between LineVision’s technical teams and our customers’ technical teams. The energy space we occupy is transforming in a way that will reshape the energy industry. We need a dynamic, experienced professional who can communicate advanced technical concepts that lay the foundation for global expansion.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
You will have primary responsibility for:
- Building Scalable Data Pipelines and backend systems to ingest, extract, transform, and efficiently store and process real-time collected data and efficiently integrate with existing analytical models from the analytics and data science teams
- Drive process and system improvements as well as evaluate new technology solutions along with our Principal Architect
- Work and collaborate closely with Data Science, and Software Engineering teams to design, build, test, and deliver scalable data solutions
- Mentoring others related to patterns and practices related to the field of Data Engineering
Key Performance Objectives:
- Within Three Months: Quickly get up to speed with LineVision’s current data platform and use cases, while identifying key areas for continued improvements in scalability, security, reliability, and performance.
- Within Six Months: Understand LineVision’s Data Model and extend capabilities by utilizing existing, best of class data pipeline tools to streamline storage, ETL, management, and availability of data to other teams.
- Within One Year and Beyond: Fully understand, own, and support a scalable, secure data pipeline in a manner that’s consistent with LienVision’s Data Model and Technical Roadmap. Continue to stay on top of Data Engineering and big data system trends within the industry and understanding the application of those systems and tools.
What do you need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with large volumes of real-time time-series data
- Experience with high proficiency in Java, Python, Scala, or other relevant languages
- Experience with Algorithms, Data Structures, and performance considerations of each
- Strong Knowledge of Spark, Hadoop, Databricks, or similar frameworks such as AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue, EMR, etc.
- Experience with data modeling, ETL, and Job management frameworks such as Apache Airflow.
- Familiarity with Analytical tools, such as Tableau, Talend, Superset, or AWS QuickSight
- Outstanding remote-team and client/partner collaboration and communication skills
- Passion for improving the efficiency and reliability of the grid
- Experience working with electric power transmission/distribution, renewables, etc. a plus
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Growth. You will work in a cloud-first environment using best-of-class frameworks, patterns, and methodologies to rapidly develop scalable software solutions that underpin our core systems and services.
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system.
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Compensation. You are vested in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation, benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by stock options in a high-growth company with world-class venture capital backingorld-class venture capital backing
Who we are...
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
If you are a Colorado resident, Please email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job title in the subject line of the email.
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.