We are looking for an energetic Distribution Handler to receive and dispatch merchandise to and from our Distribution Center. The Distribution Handler will load and unload outgoing and incoming delivery vehicles. You will select products from the warehouse, load and secure goods to pallets, move inventory to delivery area, and load merchandise. You will unload stock from delivery vehicles, and transport to and store in designated warehouse positions. You will keep your work environment clean and tidy at all times, and comply with all relevant safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
To ensure success you need the ability to follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants are hard-working, focused and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to stand for long duration of time, without health restrictions
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds of weight
- Multi-task without difficulties in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- Forklift operating experience, or the ability to learn
- Knowledge and working ability with Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Strong organizational abilities to maintain maximized warehousing
- Demonstrate good judgmental skills to assure for safe handling of product
- Motivated, self- starter who can clearly follow directions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Flexible with work schedule to accommodate business needs
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned