The Heising-Simons Foundation is a family foundation based in Los Altos, California. The Foundation works with its many partners to advance sustainable solutions in climate and clean energy, enable groundbreaking research in science, enhance the education of our youngest learners, and support human rights for all people. In 2018, the Foundation awarded more than $100 million. Since its first grant in 2007, the Foundation has awarded more than $400 million.
The Salesforce Administrator & Architect is responsible for providing support, design, and implementation of all Foundation Salesforce applications. Our Grants Management, Programs, and Operations staff use Salesforce as the platform for all grants-related business activities. The Foundation has a highly customized implementation based on foundationConnect, extended with business automation, and apps including Conga, DocuSign, Rollup Helper, Lookup Helper, Workato, Form Assembly, and NPSP. As the principal Salesforce resource, the position includes administrator duties, case support, apps implementation and support, and discovery and design for enhancements. The Foundation has a strong focus on co-administration, including the entire Grants Management team, who will have direct input and will handle many configuration changes, and Program Associates, who can build their own reports and dashboards.
Our long-term plan calls for a system re-design in 2020, with an implementation by early to mid-2021. This position will be a key resource for the needs analysis, re-design, and implementation.
This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Technology and can be based in either our Los Altos or San Francisco office. Some travel between offices will be required.
- Serve as the primary resource and for all Salesforce administration, support, and enhancements, including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks for 50 users.
- Support end-users with on-going business processes on Salesforce, by identifying, diagnosing, and resolving problems with configuration, apps, custom code, workflow, and/or integrations.
- Work closely with the Grants Management team to resolve cases and issues and design and implement process changes and enhancements.
- Perform discovery around new business needs, including requirements documentation, business process workflows, and customization specifications to support needed custom code.
- Develop solution designs, including review of potential solutions that are either configuration based, apps based, or custom code.
- Maintain technical knowledge, by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations including a detailed review of Salesforce and apps releases.
- Draft and maintain system documentation and training documents to assist staff with their use of Salesforce-based technology.
- Train staff on policies, procedures, and workflow execution and continue to grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization.
- Advanced experience implementing and supporting Salesforce, with direct hands-on work. Certifications as Administrator, Advanced Administrator, and Business Analyst are strongly weighted. Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM301) certified and Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Platform App Builder, and Developer certifications are preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce in a non-profit and/or philanthropy environment, including the non-profit success pack and strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Able to configure and administer Conga, DocuSign, Lookup Helper, Workato, and Form Assembly.
- Able to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and follow through with assignments and cases in a timely manner.
- Capacity for critical thinking and the ability to troubleshoot, test, and evaluate solutions. Able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Able to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes.
- Capacity for creative thinking, showing innovative solutions, experimentation, or using existing available technology or techniques in a novel way, and respond with openness to new ideas.
- Experience performing discovery and design, including needs discovery, requirements documentation, business process documentation, and customization specifications. Database design, via entity-relationship diagram, data dictionaries, workflow design, and application assessments.
- Able to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team, understanding that our decision-making is frequently based on a collaborative, team-based process.
- Able to anticipate needs, be flexible, proactive, and highly responsive, with a customer service orientation.
- Strong client-facing communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen thoughtfully and solicit input from staff at all skill levels.
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships within a diverse workplace, maintaining composure and a sense of humor, under pressure.
Compensation and Benefits
The Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
The Heising-Simons Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants and make employment decisions based on merit. Foundation policy prohibits the unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital or caregiver status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, prior record of arrest or conviction, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise, in writing, any special needs at the time of application.
This position will remain open, until filled.