Based in Seattle, Direct Interactions operates contact centers staffed by American agents nationwide. We are socially responsible in our business practices and provide work-at-home opportunities for all Americans, including people with disabilities and military spouses. There is a work at home revolution happening right now and we need your help! The COVID-19 virus has disrupted traditional contact centers worldwide and clients are turning to Direct Interactions for help. While our primary work is handling inbound calls, there may be opportunities to handle outbound calls, chats, emails and more. please note the outbound calls are customer service or B2B inquiry calls, (not telemarketing). We encourage you to apply today because there has never been a better time to start your work-at-home career!
About the position
Help those in need from the comfort of your own home! Direct Interactions is a proud partner with American Red Cross and we are in need of agents to assist those in immediate need due to some type of disaster. You can help those recovering from these natural disasters by taking inbound calls from those impacted after a short self-paced training and by passing a short (online) course on call taking and finding answers. This is a seasonal independent contractor position and a great way to supplement your income. If selected, you would be a part of our surge team. The surge team must report once a month for a paid monthly refresher training until you are contacted via email to report to work when a disaster arises. When an actual disaster happens, we will reach out and you are required to respond to work within 24 hours of the request email. We will need you to commit to 20 hours per week when we contact you. This opportunity will require that you respond and work within 24 hours when we have a surge in calls due to a weather disaster.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including grammar and voice quality
- Ability to remain poised under pressure for back to back calls
- Ability to show empathy for a callers frustrations or concerns and resolve the issue in a timely manner
- Documentation, data entry, organization and problem-solving skills are desirable
- Ability to handle detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Ideally able to respond and be ready to take calls within 1-2 hours of notification
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Laptop or Desktop Computer running Windows 10 or higher. WE DO NOT SUPPORT MACs, Chromebooks or Tablet/iPads
- DSL or Cable internet (Wireless and Satellite are not compatible with our software)
- Installed, operational firewall
- $15.00 per hour
- This is an IC position paid once per month on the 10th of every month via direct deposit
- You will be on our surge team
- When an actual disaster happens, we will reach out to you via email and you are required to report to work within 24 hours of the request email. We will need you to commit to 20 hours per week when you are contacted.
- Shifts are selected in 1-hours increments
- The call center is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- MANDATORY ORIENTATION: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17, 2022 AT 12:00 PM EST (NOON)
- MANDATORY TRAINING: THURSDAY AUGUST 18, 2022 TIME: 9:00 AM EST OR 4:00 PM EST you select one class time to attend (training is a 3 hour session)
- You will attend orientation at 12:00 pm EST (noon) on Wednesday. This is a 30 minute unpaid session. After the session concludes, you will be assigned and required to complete a 2 hour self paced computer course. After you have completed the self paced course, you will reconvene for the live instructor led portion of the training on Thursday at either 9:00 am EST or 4:00 pm EST. You select which class time you want to attend, and attendance at only one session is required. This session will last 3 hours.
- Training consists of self paced training and live training
- Monthly refresher training required. Everyone must attend these refresher sessions to remain on the surge team. Since these major disasters do not happen every week, we want to keep you refreshed on how to handle these calls.
- Required monthly refresher training will last 1-2 hours
- All training is paid
- Must be able to start immediately
We do not contract in California or New York at this time