Supports the work of Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Builds members’ and the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. Creates a safe, enjoyable, culturally aware, and positive environment that promotes wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures with advocacy for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring while using a DEI lens.
- Assists with implementing curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Assists with supervising the children, and activities.
- Assists in creating a warm, friendly, safe environment in which children and families can grow
- Effectively communicates with parents regarding their children and the program.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communications with parents.
- Engages parents and volunteers using a DEI lens.
- Actively support the Y Child Watch program and its staff.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Assists with maintaining program records.
- FREE Membership to the Y
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- 401a retirement plan with company match, plus option to contribute to a 403b retirement savings account
- The opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization and to make a real difference in the lives of others in your community
- At least 16 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
- Child Abuse Prevention training and Y applicable training within 7 days of hire
- A desire to work with children in a developmental setting.
- Ability to implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities as directed
- In accordance with the Keene Family YMCA’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a vaccination policy.
- All employees and volunteers that are approved to receive the COVID-19 vaccine are required to do so unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- All positions require passing a background check.
The Keene Family YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status.