We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician that will operate one or two test processes for determining the composite and performance of catalyst. You will be responsible for loading reactors or spectrometers and setting up and verifying operating conditions.
Who We Are:
At the heart of clean air, Cormetech is the global leader in the design, manufacture, and full lifecycle management of technologies that clean the air pollutants and carbon dioxide linked to climate change.
The company’s reputation is built on three decades of developing and delivering market-leading selective catalytic reduction (SCR) catalysts and CO2 adsorbers, the building blocks of emissions control and CO2 capture systems.
If you are looking to make a difference in the world you have found the right place. Join us as we continue to fight climate change.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collect and analyze gas samples to quantify conversion.
- Collect, record, and summarize data accurately and neatly.
- Accurately perform reactor and instrument checks, audits, or calibrations.
- Perform wet chemistry operations with good analytical technique.
- Make suggestions for improvement
- Cooperate and collaborate with co-workers.
- 1st Shift 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday (overtime may be required)
- 2nd Shift 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday (overtime may be required)
- 3rd Shift 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. Sunday thru Thursday (overtime may be required)
- Possess an Associates degree in Science, Engineering, or technical field
- Has the ability to operate and care for laboratory analytical instruments
- Possess intermediate MS Excel experience
- Has good communication skills both in writing and orally
- Possess mechanical aptitude and ability to work on and resolve issues with equipment
- Possess electrical knowledge
- Has strong general computer ability
- Possess some analytical abilities
- Possess attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Has the ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Has the ability to effectively work and cooperate with others
What Knowledge and Skills We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- 1-2 years of work in a laboratory role
- 3-5 years of technical or laboratory experience
The Working Conditions:
- Mechanical noise
- Dusty and dirty work environment
- Varying temperatures from warm to cool.
The Physical Requirements:
- Standing, stooping, bending, walking, squatting, and climbing frequently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others to resolve issues.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to a height of five feet occasionally.
- Ability to disconnect, move, and connect compressed gas cylinder.
As a team member at CORMETECH you’ll enjoy:
Benefits are provided on the first day of hire. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision. CORMETECH also provides several company paid benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability.
We offer a generous PTO package, a company match on our 401(k), and a quarterly bonus plan.
Cormetech is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, Durham North Carolina, Kings Mountain North Carolina, and Cleveland Tennessee. This position will be based out of our Durham, North Carolina. This position will be in-person.
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing if we are a good fit for each other!
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.