Mortgage Specialists are responsible for originating residential mortgage loans and developing relationships with internal and external sources. They perform a wide range of duties relating to the origination of residential loans for outside sales. Mortgage Specialists assume overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application through closing.
Successful Mortgage Specialists develop new business, structure, and see the loan through to closing, as well as maintain and service an existing customer base. They represent the company in their local community through active participation in community affairs and participate in marketing all of the company’s products and services. They are responsible for customer service actions as outlined by Equity Resources, Inc. which result in 'Raving Fans.'
Essential duties include, but are not limited to: developing referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts); maintaining knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general departmental guidelines; utilizing the computer for communication and access of daily rates, applicant credit reports, automated underwriting responses, and transmitting the loan to Equity Resources; obtaining client information for loan applications and answering questions about the process; analyzing applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans; determining the appropriate Investor, rate, and fee structure, then selling this package to customer and modifying where applicable to obtain a final commitment from the customer; consistently maintaining files that include benefits of the new loan, needs of the customer, and options when feasible; communicating with company and/or applicants in providing timely updates and progress reports; attending meetings (face-to-face) with the customer at a company office, Realtors office, or customer’s home; collecting appropriate documentation from each applicant, examining for accuracy, and delivering loan packages within the timely standards; managing pipeline for all originated loans through closing and completing required management reports; maintaining high levels of customer service while managing each applicant's and support staff's expectations; adhering to all Federal and State regulations; conferring with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems; resolving customer complaints; organizing and orchestrating the loan closing--closing a specified number of loans per month; and supporting the Company’s strong relationship of “raving fan service” culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Finance, or Administration (or an equivalent combination of education and direct experience)
- Possession of existing applicable state specific mortgage banking license (or ability to pass National and State required testing to obtain mortgage licensing in states doing business in within an applicable time frame)
- Knowledge of conventional and government lending guidelines
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Basic sales technique skills
- Sound judgment and independent problem solving skills
- Excellent mathematical skills to assist customers and provide accurate financial data
- Self-motivation with a strong desire to excel in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven computer skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills with a proven track record in working with all levels of staff and management
- Proven skill in inspiring trust and confidence
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills
Equity Resources, Inc. is a privately owned and operated mortgage bank headquartered in Newark, Ohio. We are licensed in 17 states, including Washington D.C., and operate branch offices in many of those locations. Our vision and purpose at Equity Resources, Inc. is quite simply to Improve the Lives of Families. We pride ourselves in creating Raving Fans of our customers AND our employees. We are celebrating our 29th year in business and are continuing to grow! Come join our team!
Equity Resources offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k); company-paid life insurance; and much more!
Equity Resources is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.