We transform lives.
Phoenix Rescue Mission is a place of hope, healing, and new beginnings for men, women, and children facing with hunger, homelessness, addiction, and trauma. We follow Christ’s example of servant-leadership and teamwork in our ministry of rescue and restoration. We are a community who values and celebrates one another and we strive toward excellence together as a certified Best Christian Workplace. At this moment, God is doing important and incredible things at Phoenix Rescue Mission. Do you want to be a part of it?
WHO WILL LOVE THIS JOB
- A people person, you build deep relationships easily and leverage those relationships to achieve development goals.
- A strategic thinker, you can see around corners, anticipating what is to come and how to position the organization to be its most successful.
- A highly organized individual, you take pride in using your well-developed meticulousness to get your tasks done on time and flawlessly.
- A committed Christian, you are energized by spreading God’s Word and growing His Kingdom.
YOUR TOP RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will manage a portfolio of around 150 donors, deepening relationships and encouraging increased giving through the use of an innovative planned gifts program and stewardship plan.
- You will utilize best practices to develop individual donor strategies, along with materials, to solicit planned gifts and renew/upgrade donor annual gifts.
- You will participate in each step of the donor pipeline, including identification, qualification through research, cultivation, briefing, request for support, and prompt follow-up, and recognition.
- You will collaborate with the programs and marketing teams to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals, and asks that will be used with persons on your portfolio to secure gifts.
- You will develop and maintain all planned giving collateral and marketing materials, including print materials and digital content, using back-end planned giving system Crescendo to manage content.
- You will lead or participate in devotions, prayers, or other organization activities that promote a credible Christian witness and lifestyle.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university OR a combination of education and experience in experience in fundraising, sales, or other transferable skills.
- 3 to 5 years of development experience with any combination of major/planned giving work and donor relationship building preferred.
- You are proficient with CRM systems, such as Raiser’s Edge, or you quickly learn computer apps.
- You are highly results-oriented and enjoy fulfilling donor interests while achieving fundraising goals.
- You have superior communication skills with the ability to effectively express the need for and benefit of supporting Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- You have a solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Life-giving work that transforms the cities we serve
- Caring and supportive environment
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) match program
- Robust paid time off program
- 12 paid holidays annually