We are currently seeking Welders to join our dynamic Operations Team. At CORMETECH our Welders are passionate about ensuring operational goals are achieved by being dedicated to safety, quality, and environmental impacts. Your primary role will include welding of steel modules using MIG welding equipment and techniques. Welders will perform both structural and non-structural welds in this position.
Who We Are:
At the heart of clean air, Cormetech is the global leader in the design, manufacture, and full lifecycle management of technologies that clean the air pollutants and carbon dioxide linked to climate change.
The company’s reputation is built on three decades of developing and delivering market-leading selective catalytic reduction (SCR) catalysts and CO2 adsorbers, the building blocks of emissions control and CO2 capture systems.
If you are looking to make a difference in the world you have found the right place. Join us as we continue to fight climate change.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for the welding of steel modules using MIG welding equipment/techniques. Both structural and non-structural welds.
- Additional types of projects may include — cutting, laying, and button up.
- Must have the ability to operate equipment, including but not limited to material handling (forklift if required), hand tools, welding machine, welding gas, semi-automated machinery, measuring, and computer.
- Must be able work the required assigned shifts, day and/or evenings and weekends.
- 2nd Shift 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 a.m. Monday thru Friday (overtime may be required)
- 3rd Shift 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. Sunday thru Thursday (overtime may be required)
- Welding certification for both overhead and vertical welding or previous experience and the ability to pass a certification test within 90 days of being assigned the position
- Ability to use and operate hand tools, welding equipment, welding gas, semi-automated machinery, measuring tools, and computers.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and schematics including welding symbols
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform quality detailed work
- Ability to work efficiently independently and cooperatively on a team
- Basic computer skills as required to record hours, read outputs, record information in the systems, and read and respond to e-mail
- Ability to arrive on time for work and maintain good attendance record
- Very good math and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to measure and compare information and make sound judgements
- Good communication skills with the ability to keep others informed
- Strong ability to comprehend and follow safety rules and protocols
What Knowledge and Skills We Prefer:
- Forklift operations experience
The Working Conditions:
- Mechanical noise
- Dusty and dirty work environment due to materials and raw materials
- Varying temperatures from warm to cool
The Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift push, pull, and carry 35 pounds frequently
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 50 pounds occasionally
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, twisting, climbing, and kneeling
As a team member at CORMETECH you’ll enjoy:
Benefits are provided on the first day of hire. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision. CORMETECH also provides several company paid benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability.
We offer a generous PTO package, a company match on our 401(k), and a quarterly bonus plan.
Cormetech is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, Durham North Carolina, Kings Mountain North Carolina, and Cleveland Tennessee. This position will be based out of our Durham, North Carolina location. This position will be in-person.
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing if we are a good fit for each other!
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.