KEENE FAMILY YMCA
School Age program and Summer Camp Director
The School Age Program and Summer camp Director provides leadership, direction, supervision and curriculum implementation to school age programs during the school year and summer camp programs at the YMCA. Provides a quality experience to children and parents with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens, focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Serve as an ambassador of the YMCA. Exemplify the four character values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility with members, the general public, and with staff.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the school age child care and camp programs for all locations. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- With the Child Care Director; develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
- FREE Membership to the Y
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- College discounts at several universities
- 401a retirement plan with company match, plus option to contribute to a 403b retirement savings account
- The opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization and to make a real difference in the lives of others in your community
- All full-time positions: Health, dental, supplemental insurances, life insurances. Generous personal time off policies.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by the Child Care Licensing Unit.
- At least 21 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within the first 30 days of hire.
- Health form completed within the first 30 days of hire; renewed every 3 years
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age appropriate / developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Ability to be flexible, multi task and have knowledge of basic computer programs.
- In accordance with the Keene Family YMCA’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a vaccination policy.
- All employees and volunteers that are approved to receive the COVID-19 vaccine are required to do so unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- All positions require passing a background check.